Main Engineering Set Construction (NV/P2)

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by GSchnitzer, May 26, 2015.

1. northstar

northstar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

"Torment of destiny" is the next episode they plan to film, which the fundraiser was primarily for I think.

2. Fez

Fez Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hey there everyone,

Jaime Sanchez or Fez from New Voyages... if there was anyone on here who donated to the Kickstarter, we want to thank all of you for your support it is greatly appreciated.

Now as to the episodes you will see released... you will see 'The Holiest Thing' relatively soon. As to the next episode you will see is up in the air. As we are a little more than a week away from shooting our episode 'Torment of Destiny' and planning our Trekonderoga event the first weekend of September (4-6th). As soon as we have new info we will be sure to post everywhere we can.

We are in the final stages of building and painting some of our sets for our upcoming shoot. We again want to thank you all for your continued support of NEW VOYAGES

3. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

Sadly I couldn't donate, though I did try to promote it.

Would it be fair to say then that one of "Bread and Savagery," and "Torment of Destiny" looks to be most likely the next release after "The Holiest Thing" and probably not this year for either?

4. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

Our next episode shooting in two weeks is titled "Torment of Destiny."

5. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought "Torment" was what the pedals in sickbay were called. ;)

6. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Jamie, any more details about Trekconderoga before your shoot is done next month?

7. Fez

Fez Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Ronald, I can say that it will be a town-wide event with various Star Trek/Sci-fi stars and And panels and screenings. The crown piece of course being a tour of the Star Trek New Voyages sets with James Cawley and the crew of New Voyages. More on this soon as it is released

8. Akira8

Akira8 Ensign Newbie

Is there anything new you can add about Bread and Savagery? In last years kickstarter post production for this episode was one of the goals met but we've received little information. Is this episode salvageable?

9. HarryM

HarryM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Curious about "Bread and Savagery" also.

10. Red Omega

Red Omega Lieutenant

Yeah, would love to know when "The Holiest Thing" is being released as well as "Bread and Savagery". The first two Brian Gross episodes.

11. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

James has announced two ST NV/P2 episodes to be released by the end of the year: one in late summer and one more by year's end. Presumably these are "The Holiest Thing" and "Torment of Destiny," respectively.

I have no official update on the status of "Bread and Savagery."

12. Ronald Held

Thanks Jamie. I will try to be there.

13. S'kai

S'kai Captain Captain

14. Ronald Held

15. PattyW

PattyW Commander Red Shirt

^^^^ Just a point of information. Dave Galanter is the other writer for "Enemy: Starfleet!", not David Gerrold.

16. Jedman67

Jedman67 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks like fun. How long does it take to shoot an episode usually; is it all evenings and weekends?
    (unrelated; I know NV is in Upstate NY, any fan productions shooting in the NYC Area?)

17. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

I cannot address your relevant question, but you can always find out what fan films are in a particular location by consulting my Star Trek Fan Filmmaker's Map, https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?....640503&spn=26.320794,127.210694&source=embed

The two closest to New York City are George Kayaian's two series, the completed Multiverse Crisis, and his current work, Starship Antyllus. Not far away is the long suspended Tales of the Seventh Fleet.

18. S'kai

S'kai Captain Captain

For STNV it is a FULL 2 - 2-1/2 weeks, followed by another 3-4 days for pickups. Then months of pos-production.

19. Jedman67

Jedman67 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks Barb; George looks to be pretty close.

20. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Over on Axanar and David Gerrold's Facebook pages they have what I assume is a cel phone video, walking along slowly and showing in some detail the current Enterprise sets at Retro Studios, including their Engineering sets...Great job by the building team.

only comment is, I have all the sympathy in the world for the editing and sound recording team. When the camera person walks along the elevated bridge sets and turbolift, the constant creeking noise underneath even the lightest of footsteps must drive everybody bananas! :)