The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Did you have any kind of reason in mind for why Solo era Han was hanging out with the Ghost crew?
    I've always been a little disappointed they never ran into Han in the show. They ran into Leia and Lando, and I see no reason they couldn't have run into Han too.

publiusr likes this.
  2. Starfury

Starfury Captain Captain

In my mind, they they came through Lando into contact with Han, possibly as part of an odd job. Maybe to smuggle/steal something that required a ship with a bigger cargo bay than the falcon can offer. Knowing Young Han, he'd propably enter Ghost's cockpit all cocky and self-assured, being "imma driver, imma pilot, I'll fly." And knowing Hera, she'd propably just laugh, punch in the hyperdrive and send HIM flying, thus starting a live long rivalry regarding who's the better pilot and who's ship is superior. :)

3. Astra

Astra Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Remember when Tom had no place to sit?

His helm console has finally arrived. And it's a thing of beauty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
  4. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

:techman: That is awesome!

5. Starfury

Starfury Captain Captain

Looking good! Tuvoks and Kims Stations next?

6. Starfury

Starfury Captain Captain

More from the rebellion:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ethros, cooleddie74, publiusr and 3 others like this.
  7. Astra

Well, the truth is out now. I did not buy the helm console for Tom, I bought it for Chakotay! LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

KimMH, Avro Arrow and Kai "the spy" like this.
  8. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

A while back I posted about seeing this at Target but they had like 12 of them. I really wanted one but didn’t want to pay the full price. I decided I would wait till it went on clearance and if they all sold, I guess I was out of luck. I was in Target today and they had one left and it was on clearance so I picked it up. The Imperial Probe Droid is one of my favorite things from Star Wars.
    [​IMG]

cooleddie74 and KimMH like this.
  9. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    It's a fantastic Black Series figure. You won't be disappointed. :)

KimMH likes this.
  10. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Got my first preorder from BigBadToyStore.com in the mail today!

[​IMG]

Dixie Flatline, cooleddie74 and KimMH like this.
  11. Astra

Chakotay really hated the new Oktoberfest program Neelix had invented. Tom seemed to love it though.

(I bought those hats last year but they were too small for the 12" figures. So now the 9" ones get to wear them. Muhaha)

[​IMG]

KimMH, Avro Arrow and Kai "the spy" like this.
  12. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Got an email from Big Bad Toy Store, my second preorder is being processed! I should have the Marvel Vintage Mysterio next week!

KimMH and cooleddie74 like this.
  13. KimMH

:rommie::rommie::rommie:

14. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

* sighs * :sigh:

I've recently picked up some of the Earthrise Transformers since I have a birthday coming up (I consider any fun shopping to be birthdays :biggrin:), and most of them have been pretty good. The new versions of Sky Lynx and Snapdragon are pretty nice.

I also picked up Grapple and Hoist, and the latter copy is sadly kind of screwed. :/ While I was trying to transform him to truck mode, I realized that the left shoulder was seriously misassembled and effectively compromised. Essentially it's a black, boxy tab with a ratcheting pin that inserts to connect it with the torso, allowing the shoulder to move and to form part of Hoist's side windshields in his vehicle mode. The right shoulder is fine, but it seems the pin wasn't inserted properly on the left shoulder for whatever reason. It missed the intended hole and the shoulder is not properly aligned, so it will not sit flush for vehicle mode and any attempt to do so will actually cause it to press up against the plastic forming the truck's cab (Hoist's chest and head), damaging it. It's not something you'd easily notice unless you attempt the transformation.

I'm rather bummed, as I keep up with some of the known issues that occur with certain figures but have never had this sort of problem before. I'm debating whether to see if the local Target could hook me up with a replacement, as this error doesn't seem to be widespread and might just have been random on mine.

I could take pics if anyone wants to see what I mean. It looks as though because the shoulder part wasn't entirely aligned to begin with, the pin damaged the parts through which it was actually inserted. It will still provide basic arm motion, but not the functionality it's intended to have for transformation.

KimMH likes this.
  15. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

16. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Imperial Officer Luke? Interesting twist!

KimMH likes this.
  17. Astra

Today I sent the HeroClix Orville team on a mission with the new Eaglemoss shuttle. There is also an Orville model if anyone wants it, in two sizes, big and small.

[​IMG]

BillJ, KimMH, publiusr and 2 others like this.
  18. Starfury

Starfury Captain Captain

Oh, thats great! I really hope we get some Orville good action figures one day

19. Astra

You and me both! That is my biggest wish at the moment. Hopefully either NECA or Diamond Select Toys.
    Thank you!

Well, I'm not the only one that likes playing with figures! And it seems Janeway loves the Maquis uniform just as much as I do ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. KimMH

^:adore:Space Captains need to play a little sometimes too!

Grrrr. I’d get a replacement!