Oh Shatner..WHY!!!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by RobertScorpio, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Cakes488

Cakes488 Commodore Commodore

How disgusting!!! Naked ass?!?!?!? Exposed for all to see...!#$@$@#

I'll have to add this to my netflix que.

2. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Me too...I gotta see "it"

Rob

3. Cakes488

Hey Robert...from what I understand you'll be treated to quite a bit of tits in this movie and not so much ass...I'm sure you'll be pleased. :drool:

4. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Oh I hope so...that will be the other reason to watch. As for seeing Shatner's ass? It isn't because I lust for it, I mean...who would. But its kind of like watching a Volcano. I wouldn't want to be up on that damn thing when it blows apart, but saying that I saw it years later would be the thrill..

So, Imagine someday, I get to say to my grandkids on my deathbed..."Kids, I saw Captain Kirk's ASS"...It would be a great event to list in my life...

Rob

5. Cakes488

I have a pile of work up to the ceiling but instead I investigated Big Bad Mama and Angie Dickenson and some slightly post pubescent babes are in it and they're having mad cap screws across the country. So there's something in it for every man...even if you're gay because you do have Shatners ass after all :lol:.
    The only problem with telling your grandkids that you saw Cap't Kirks ass is they're gonna be like "who the hell is that"? I'm sorry I said that....perish the thought...I take it back and may I burn in hell from my indiscretion.

6. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Ummm..you made me cry!!!

But yes, I am updating my NETFLIX que right now!!!

Rob

7. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

The fine line between continuity and fanwank.
    This...

and this.

*shudder*:alienblush::scream::censored:

8. Captain Gandalf

Captain Gandalf Commodore Commodore

Oh, my... Seems I started something here! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

9. AxelFoley

AxelFoley Commander Red Shirt

Kingdom of the Spiders is a classic, creeps the hell out of me 'til this day.

10. Ssosmcin

Ssosmcin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Way, way off. :-) Shatner played a con man who attracts Yvette Mimieux, but he's a "heroic con man with a heart of gold" kind of guy. He separates the engine car from the rest of the train and gets trapped aboard. he and the engineer (who is behind the hijacking of the train) jump off as it soars over a bridge above water. The engineer dies, but Shatner survives. He's taken away by the cops (for his criminal record), but it's made clear that he'll be treated leniently because he saved lives.

Actually, for a TV movie disaster film, it was pretty good. The cast was semi impressive with former A-list stars and the music by Jerry Fielding was outstanding. Sadly, this isn't on video - at least not in the US.

Impulse is easily Shatner's worst film. It's totally incoherent. Kingdom of the Spiders, however, is really good. Very serious, the spiders are mostly real, too. If spiders have a support group, they would be devastated at the real on-camera deaths of hundreds of them. The ending while betrayed by a bad painting effect, is pure Twilight Zone. Actually, most of the background music is stock library cues from that series.

11. Esteban

Esteban Commander Red Shirt

Let us not forget "Pray For The Wildcats", ca. 1974. Shatner, Andy Griffith (in his bad-guy phase), Robert Reed, Marjoe Gortner, motorcycles, booze, women...it had it all.

Plus, the boys all wore shirts (red, gold, blue mock turtles with black collars) that looked strangely familiar....

12. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Yeah..I did see that way back when. Shatner must love, and I bet he really does, looking back at his career. He's shown enough humility in his later years to probably get a kick out of some of his career...

I think, while he is still alive and kicking, he should put out, via his internet site, some of his more interesting performances with a running commentary about the time his life when he made it...why he made it...and, in the case of INCUBUS, what the hell was going on???

Rob

13. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

When I was in junior high, they dragged us into the auditorium to see "Go Ask Alice." I had read the book beforehand, so the plot wasn't a surprise. I was the right age to watch it and it seemed hip and cool and relevant.

Except, here comes Alice's father and it's CAPTAIN KIRK! In a black wig. And man, he was squarer than square.

I was a new Star Trek fan (< 2 years) at that point and like all good teen girls lusted after Spock, but while Kirk seemed old enough to be my daddy (and believe it or not, he resembled my dad in looks, a lust squelcher if ever there was one! :lol: ) on the Enterprise, he was COOL.

It was a nasty surprise in an otherwise cool (at the time) movie.

I suspect the movie probably will not have dated well. I've never seen it since those long-ago days of my youth.

14. Hambone

Hambone Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oh, well. What can I say about my memory after 30 years? It had Shatner and a train in it, and the train crashed. I'd say I was pretty close!

And you're right about the cast...I think Lloyd Bridges ("Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking!") was in it, too.

15. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Whoa..Did CAIN and KIRK have lines together? They must have done their McCAHAN' rolls together too...with Montebalm as well...

Rob