Naomi wildman's dead counterpart

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by hux, Jan 31, 2012.

1. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Adults have been known to receive organs from babies. Add to that some 24th century jazz science and she's golden.

Ultimately, it isn't necessary though since medical technology is already so advanced and nobody dies in Trek until they're 147 (unless they're killed).

I still say Samantha has a serious psychologically painful reality to deal with regarding the dead infant she just gave birth to though. Something that the show utterly ignored.

Does that count as part of the reset culture Voyager engendered?

2. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Think of the pill McCoy gave the elderly patient in the hospital in TVH. She got a brand new kidney as a result.

Never gave the dead baby a thought after the episode. I guess the reset culture is quite proper in this case. They couldn't have killed off both Naomi and Kim. So everything came full circle.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

We saw Sam once more in the present?

The one where Naomi is upset that she might be dead in a shuttle accident away mission.

Besides, Sam didn't have time to be depressed, since her kid was growing half an inch a month for the first 3 years.

I's like her motherhood was in fast forward and... But Kes would still be amazed at how slow Naomi's youth was progressing.

If Naomi was growing 5 times faster than a human baby, then she might have needed 5 times the calorie intake a human baby requires, which would have tested Sam's boobs to their limit and ran the tank bone dry.

Sam needed better, human plus, teets, as far as milk production goes, or her kid was going to inhale a rib.

Did the Ensign use drug treatment to engorge her glands, surgical enhancement to increase her bust, or move the baby onto a bottle almost immediately?

4. hux

I doubt any woman still breast feeds in the future.

Maybe Starfleet invented a formula that has uber growing properties. Everyone grows at an accelerated rate until they hit 18 and can finally join Starfleet.

Joining Starfleet being considered the only worthwhile part of any humans existence in the future.

Shame the dead Kim wasn't also onboard. That would have twisted his melons.

5. Kilana2

Even the Borg consider infancy and childhood irrelavant and unnecessary. :D

6. Guy Gardener

Sure they'll toss a baby into an maturation chamber, and wait three years until it looks 18, but what about the unborn?

Are they cutout and thrown into chambers, or Terminated?

7. Kilana2

I think the first applies. They are terminated when they are defective, weak or insufficient, at least that's what I fear.

Thankfully the Borg are gone now, see also Destiny, so we don't have to worry about that.

8. Guy Gardener

Well, a man would say that.

9. Kilana2

They should, lest they suffer from breast engorgement.

10. Guy Gardener

The breast of intentions.

11. hux

I think a lot of women would be keen to do away was breast feeding, not to mention vaginal births.

Some women will beam the semen in and nine months later, beam the kid out.

Could you beam a man's semen out of him without him knowing? In the money thread, people are telling me that excrement will be beamed out (hence no need for plumbers in the future) so I don't see why not.

12. Kilana2

Not to mention the bloody mess that comes with vaginal births and Ceasarian sections.

13. Guy Gardener

Oh definitely some, but not all.

Can you imagine the women who feel hard done by for being sent up the river for breast feeding?

No, no, it's completely fair.

It is necessary for the pigs to kick down doors, raiding private homes to find breast feeders breastfeeding, who are not bottle feeding their kids with super-milk that makes their babies grow up 10 times faster to become ten times smarter and 10 times stronger.

Breast fed children are obvious to spot, because they are thick and growing up at a painfully unaccelerated rate compared to the other super boys and super girls at school, so their parents are thrown up into the lock up as quickly as legally possible for the good of the children.

THINKOFTHECHILDRREN!

14. Kilana2

No urinary catheters, no incontinence and so on.

If you want a child and don't want to carry it to term, then hire someone to do it for you.

Skip infancy by adding growth hormones. The big disadvantage is that you have to deal with a smartass child then. ;)

15. Guy Gardener

At that rate of growth, the stupid ####s will die of old age well before they can pay for our retirement home.

16. hux

It occurs to me that dead Klingon B'Elanna from "Faces" is also in a drawer somewhere on Voyager (though they used her DNA to fix human B'Elanna so it'll just be some shrivelled body).

I should make a list of all the dead people in drawers.

17. Kilana2

There is no one aboard Voyager I know of, but don't forget DS9 and dead Weyoun 6 in Odo's drawers. :devil:

18. Guy Gardener

Kes from Fury, and the Caretaker.

You'd think they would have given his body back to Susperia, but really, when?

Maybe Quinn?

19. RagazzaMatta

RagazzaMatta Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt