The Blacklist

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by stj, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

3/17/2014 episode:

Whoa...don't get on "Tom Keen"'s bad side. Dude will fuck you up.

2. Amaris

Amaris Guest

This episode was slow for me. When Red isn't around very much, it just lags. It feels dull when Spader's not in the scene to spice it up. The agents, on their own, aren't enough to keep my attention, and they all make repeated rookie mistakes. This episode got me to roll my eyes several times, especially the last scene where Liz steps into the shower with Tom, and there's blood going down the drain. What, do school teachers always come home with blood all over them? I mean really?

3. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

He must teach at a really rough school.:lol:

4. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Assuming this show doesn't go down the obvious "Red is Elizabeth's father" route (although considering she's adopted and he asked for her by name, wouldn't a DNA test have been one of the first things they did?), do you think it's possible they'd make Elizabeth's biological father No. 1 on Red's blacklist? Or maybe he's the one who hired Tom. Or hired the people who were watching Tom and Elizabeth.

5. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

So I finally got around to seeing last weeks episode (I missed it first run and it wasn't available till the other day online).

I liked it for the most part. I will agree without James Spader around the show legs, but I'll add one more, without Megan Boone around (much) the show was kind of dull. I've come to enjoy her as the lead and to see her sidelined almost completely was a little disappointing.

6. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

I thought the same thing! Kept thinking, "Wait, Megan Boone is still in this show, isn't she??"

7. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Well, it's about damn time she found out. Now, I hope, things will really start happening. Main plot was rather lame, I thought. A teenager in love? Really?

But I do really love "Mr. Kaplan." She is AWESOME.
    "Maybe next time, dearie." :lol:

8. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Officially the dumbest FBI on tv. Now that it's all but confirmed that she's Redington's daughter.

Also, they found Tom's hideout and we know from previous scenes that his finger prints are all over that place, yet the first proof she sees is the hippo doll? :rolleyes: WTF? He was taken in on suspicion once before, it would be almost criminal for them not to have his prints on file.

9. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Needs more cowbell. Read Spader.

I think I'm going to pass henceforth.... :(

10. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

I don't know, its a three way battle between Blacklist, Shield and Intelligence who has the dumber Agents. However I agree with you that the Blacklist is in the lead.

11. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

^So you think Tom wouldnt have the ability or know people who have the ability to go in and wipe or alter his fingerprints?

12. sojourner

Not without it being a plot point.

13. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Following.

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Have you seen Crisis yet?

Dumb, dumb, dumb FBI agents in that one.

15. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I didn't have an issue with Lizzie and her chasing after Tom. She told the Detective to send her any forensic results they found. It's not like she stayed around and dusted for prints herself. It just so happens the first thing she received from him were crime scene photos, which lead her to the hippo...or whatever it was.

What I did have issues with were the main plot. It just seemed so silly that a middle school kid (I believe it was middle school) would go to all that trouble just for a girl. And how was he even able to pin it on Ivan...how did he even know about Ivan? Everybody's complaining about the B-plot when it was the A-plot that strained my credibility.

16. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

The kid may not even know about the Ivan stuff. It could be embedded in the hacking software the kid was using. Usually kids like that download root kits. He was too obsessed with the girl to be writing stuff himself.

17. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

That explanation works for me.

Still, I found the whole plot a little too silly, even for this show. But that's ok, they all can't be winners.

18. sojourner

The A plot borrowed a lot from Sneakers.

19. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

So... the power grid in DC is that precise you can turn on individual lights posts...yeah right.

20. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

I was having a problem with a big empty warehouse with a wall of incriminating photographs and a half dozen pictures of Liz. What the hell? They know where she is, good lord one of them is sleeping with her. He lives in the same house, how much surveillance gear do you need for that?

A covert organization like that would hide their info in an encrypted file. Then you don't leave anything for someone to find.