"Intelligence" season 1 discussion & spoilers (Josh Holloway)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aragorn, Jan 7, 2014.

1. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

It was not a well-written show. Everything was so cliche, it was a bit ridiculous. There was the nerdy guy who always said the wrong thing, the tough boss, the unspoken love between the male and female leads, the generic "other guy" and weekly mission. They never did anything really different; no one really suffered and there was nothing we haven't seen a million times before. It's too bad, really, because the premise could have been pretty interesting if taken seriously. But, really, I couldn't tell you anything about the main character, other than he was in the Army and lost his wife, who was a spy. I have no idea about any part of his personality--what he would like or dislike. They could have done so much with that actor, but it was all very bland.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe they were trying to make a bad show?

They gambled that shitty shows survive and quality is deep-sixed all the time, so they made it as shitty as they could to cultivate a specific audience.

3. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm disappointed that Intelligence was cancelled because it had such potential with the concept, but was bungled by bad writing. I hope Josh Holloway gets another shot at a starring role.

4. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^Me, too.