What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I was interested in playing this game, but it got pretty mediocre reviews across the board, so I opted out.

2. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

It's not the best game I've ever played. It's buggy and has a case of too many gameplay features being added that appear to only be there for the one or two times they're necessary. Possessing people and heading their thoughts, possessing cats to reach places you can't, exorcising demons, teleportation, investigations, etc. You could build a game round any of those mechanics, having all of them is a little bit of overkill and means they're not fleshed out to their full potential.

But the game kept me interested enough to keep playing and finish it. I can't say the same for very many other games of late.

3. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I beat Metal Gear Solid Peace Waler (part of the MGS HD Collection), and instead of going to MGS2 I decided to take a break from MGS and play Deus Ex - Human Revolution: Director's Cut. Its pretty fun so far, although it can be a bit frustrating sometimes.

4. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I take it you missed the entire Wii U launch then? :p

5. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I downloaded inFamous: First Light earlier today and I've been playing it for the past three or four hours.

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

DAY ONE PATCH ZINNNNNNG

7. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Still playing Destiny...eagerly awaiting Alien Isolation. :)

8. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Copy of Hyrule Warriors arrived today so I played a bit of that (probably would still be playing it right now except there's a Jets game on :p).

I've never played a Warriors-style game before, so this is a bit of a new experience for me. I can already tell that the Y button on the gamepad is going to get a hell of a work out. :lol: But that's ok, it will balance the A button for Mario Kart 8. Visually, the game looks pretty damn good and the controls are easy to get into. I like it so far. :techman:

Other than that... still have Xenoblade Chronicles on the go on the Wii, but I'm "almost" done that. I can't get over how much content they have packed into this game. I think I'm at about the 130 hour mark or so, taking my time to do everything.

9. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Arkham Asylum done. Arkham City done. Started Arkham Origins tonight.

10. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Destiny.

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I finished inFamous: First Light on Sunday and now I'm working on the battle arenas. I also got the PS All-Stars Battle Royale platinum trophy a few days ago. And I'm still playing Jak II.

12. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

If all goes well today, hopefully Elite: Dangerous beta 2. :)

13. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

After tinkering around with Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD and Super Paper Mario on the Wii U, I decided to get my ass in gear and finish my evil playthrough of inFamous: Second Son and possibly Watch Dogs before October and November get here.

After those two months, I'll be busy for the rest of the year playing Far Cry 4, Assassin's Creed Unity, Assassin's Creed Rogue, and that's not even counting wanting to get an XBox One for the Halo: Master Chief Collection and Forza Horizon 2 :eek:

And, somehow, I have to make time to play Alien: Isolation.

14. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

It's a stressful life we're living.

15. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Anyone picking up Shadow of Mordor? Seems to be a blast and the Silmarillion is actually required reading for some of the references :lol::mallory:

16. Bob The Skutter

Currently on Wonderful 101. It's not a bad game but I'm getting sick of it already, it's so repetitive and I'm only up to having 3 Wonderful Ones.

17. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Still playing Elite Dangerous beta 2. It looks so much more gorgeous than before. Some glaring bugs about, but they can be fixed.

18. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I've read it's actually one of the games that manage to make good use of the second-screen controller.

19. Bob The Skutter

The only clever use for the second screen so far has been where you have to go inside a building and change a combination that's on the outside of the building. So you need to see inside and outside at the same time.

20. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Everything's an improvement over the Mario Kart horn button. :lol: Apparently, the PS4's controller's touch thingy hasn't fared much better with most games.