Virtual Enterprise D for Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force - WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Donny, Apr 13, 2011.

1. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I might have asked this before, but why do the graphics look so great? I don't remember Elite Force looking anything like that at all.

2. scragnog

scragnog Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

This is incredible! I don't think I've ever seen the Elite Force engine look so good!

I don't suppose you'd be interested in sharing your source files would you? I'd love to port this over to the Source Engine (Half Life 2/Portal etc). There's all sorts of interactions (physics based stuff) that I'd love to build into it.

Great work anyway, really impressive stuff!

3. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

Probably because he's drawing his own textures too, not using the game's existing ones.

4. Donny

Donny Commodore Commodore

For a number of reasons. First off, as Ziz states, I'm building all the textures from scratch, and using higher-resolution textures as well. Secondly, I'm using my ATI Radeon HD 5870 to force max anti-aliasing and max anisotropy, which Elite Force is incapable of doing through it's in-game graphic settings. I also edited the config file for Elite Force to allow it to run at a 1920x1080 resolution.

5. Donny

Donny Commodore Commodore

Hmm...I don't think I'd want to do that until after I release this project. I'm currently taking a little time off, and still have a lot of work to do, so it may not be in the near future that this is possible.

6. virtualvoyager

virtualvoyager Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

What came of this modification for Elite force then? The game is fifteen years old this autumn!