How I Met Your Mother: Barney and... (Spoilers ahead...)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 30, 2008.

1. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

That whole season built up to the notion that he only got to know the mother because he became professor and she was in that class.

2. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Any idea when season seven will make its way to Netflix?

3. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I liked the episode, it was nice to see Ted start to have doubts about Victoria, after all, we know she isn't the one, well, at least I believe she is not. Marshall and Lily's storyline was pretty dull, I hope they don't get boring just because they have a kid now. And Barney and Robin...looks like they still have feelings for one another.

I'm hoping this is the last season, cause it'd be a perfect time to wrap it up.

4. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I wonder who the actress they got to play the mother in this episode was?

5. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's it. I'm out. Let me know if they ever actually reveal who the mom is.

6. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

This better be the last season. It's stretched pretty damn thin as it is. I really like the show but it's starting to wear out its welcome. Well....more than STARTING to.

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I only just got into this show over the summer, but I agree that this really should be the last season. I'm not tired of it like some seem to be, probably because it's all still fresh for me, but it's clear that the show is running out of steam. The actors' contracts end after this season, right? Hopefully they'll keep it at that and let the show ride off into the sunset. Eight seasons is more than enough.

8. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a Friends and make it 10 seasons.
    Though Friend's last season was shortened as few episodes compared to the usual length.

9. jb1234

jb1234 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I enjoyed the episode for what it was but the show peaked in the second season and has been getting steadily less interesting ever since.

10. the G-man

Exactly. The show became pretty close to "take it or leave it" TV with the last season (I still have few eps from last season my DVR) and I was only sticking with this season because I thought it was the last one and I wanted to see it through to the end. But if they're going to drag it out I see no reason to keep going given that each season has starting being more "meh' than the last.

Not the mention the fact that they are losing control of their own timeline. Unless Ted's kids are adopted they don't have much longer before he has to actually get married in order for him to have those kids that have been sitting there for the past eight years listening to his story.

11. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Ratings are down, so it's possible this really will be the final season. Jason Segel hasn't sounded like he wants to come back after eight years of playing the same character; I can't say I blame him. Unless ratings improve, I doubt the network will want to shell out the cash for significant raises to the cast.

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I still love the show! It's an A plus show for me. I probably only look forward to 30 Rock more. So I hope it keeps going, but I want to see the Mother already. I want season showing her falling in love with Ted and becoming one of the group.

13. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

They addressed this in last season's Star Wars episode. Ted will have a newborn daughter in the year 2015. Subtract 9 months, some time for the wedding, and "courtingship", and you're realistically looking at the end of this season as a dropdead point for meeting the mother.

14. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Yet another reason why I think it would be best if they ended the show this season.

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

For all we know, Ted bonks Mother on the first night they meet and knocks her up immediately. :)

16. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Wait for surprising twists like... Ted is actually Barney. But he blamed all that stuff on Uncle Barney so his kids didn't think of him like that. ;)

17. the G-man

Heh. 'Barney' as Tyler Durden. .

18. the G-man

If 'the Muppets' or 'the Five Year Engagment' had been hits he might've walked already. Can't say I would've blamed him either.

19. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

A popular theory is that Barney's dead by 2030, and that's why Ted exaggerates his exploits so much.

20. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

I've just watched this season's opening episode; bloody hell! I want to set that blasted yellow umbrella on fire!