What Are You Wearing?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by thestrangequark, Sep 25, 2013.

1. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

Who knew this would become such a fun thread? *TSQ* every post you submit reinforces my suspician you'd be such a hoot to know and hang out with! Your adorable selfie is blessedly duck-face free - I wish my neices would get the hint. It makes forays onto facebook downright painful. Bleurghhh!

I might not mind some of what she's having either! As for white tennies/trainers with all black is probably stark and stylish. Imho!

The baggy jeans might not be the most flattering but there is something ego-boosting about wearing clothes that you have worked your way out of sizewise - and it was work wasn't it? You should celebrate that! Now it's time to find a pair of jeans that shows the ladies how trimmed up you are!

Really don't fancy BEING the Doctor, although he's loverly ( I look forward to Mr. Capaldi's interpretation) I don't want to carry the weight of all that responsibilty around on my shoulders!

Black boots, skinny black jeans, white blouse with sweter vest - it's acrylic but cute, black wool cardigan. Hair a total loss as usual.

Not wearing as many bracelets as before, got a little tattoo on inside of wrist I don't mind being quite visible.

2. Captain_Nick

Captain_Nick Vice Admiral Admiral

Still got a while to go before I get to that point mate, but it's heading in the right direction.

3. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

^ :bolian:

Heading out the door in jeans, a black elliptical t-shirt, black tie shoes with 2.5 inch heels and black socks, black Coach bag. Multi-colored beaded earrings (black, blue, pink, red, green...). And the diamond/platinum ring that I wear almost all the time.

I realized that none of my Doctor-worthy clothes fit me, so I'll have to be content with aiming for Companion-worthy. ;)

4. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

What is an elliptical t-shirt? Otherwise you sound quite spiffy!

Companion-Worthy sounds quite good to me!

5. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Right now I'm wearing a sort of emerald green shirt (I think they're called tennis shirts in English?) with a big ole white lettered "67" on the back. I didn't buy it because of the number, buy rather in spite off since I really dig the emerald green. Brings out my eyes :D With that some pretty decent jeans. No socks because I just out of the shower, it's evening and I don't need no socks at home!

Can I swoon? I'm gonna swoon. *Swoons his ass off* Girl, you you can carry up a dress.

Wow everyone else has way more interesting sex dreams than I do.

But the point here is not that, the point here is penis.

6. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

I could tell you stories.....

But I won't.;)

7. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I'll allow it.

:D

I have a pretty eclectic fashion sense as well. I'm limited somewhat as to styles I can pull off because of my body type: I'm short, and I have a tiny waist, but I have a big butt and big arms and legs (combination of being super muscular and a little chubby). It makes finding clothes that fit and flatter a little tough...but then again, I suppose that's true for every woman.
    Fabulous! I love it!
    Thank you! And do post a picture of one of yours!
    If done right this could work. ;)

Seriously, tan shoes with pink (or another bright color) laces would be a subtle and classy way to add a bit of color and pizzaz to any man's wardrobe.
    It was seriously just an Ambien. That shit will fuck you up (pleasantly).

So, today's outfit...again the photo quality is shit, I don' t know how people get good pictures out of their iPhones, but anyway...

My favorite skirt, which I bought two years ago for $8.50 at a thrift shop. Definitely a handmade item, and I love it. Along with a teal green top, the same black leather belt I had on yesterday, and a turquoise beret my sister knitted for me a couple of Christmases ago:

[​IMG]

Black tights, and my favorite black leather platform sandals. You can't see them in the picture, but they're these no-nonsense bitches:

[​IMG]

8. Tora Ziyal

Thank you. I felt spiffy. And am about to get more so to go out to dinner with a friend. Replacing the colorful earrings with simple silver ones so I can wear a hat that's gray and blue and has a gorgeous ostrich feather on it. :D

An elliptical shirt or skirt is longer in the back than the front, so when you look at it from the side, the hem is at a slight (or not so slight!) angle.

9. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

^My niece calls that a "mullet skirt." :)

Today, I'm wearing my brown w/turquoise print t-shirt and my jeans.

10. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

Good, I don't think I could've taken it otherwise!

And I love that top and beret.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  11. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I never knew that was the name for it. I am not particularly fond of the extreme form of this that has been on trend for awhile now -- as auntiehill's niece so rightly points out, they look like mullets -- but I do like the more subtle version. It also helps with a problem any bubble-butt-endowed gal will understand: that is, when you don't tailor a skirt with a regular hemline the opposite occurs, and the hem hangs lower in the front than in the back because your booty is more than it can handle.

12. mari

mari Captain Captain

I hear that. My favorite summer dresses are all a bit longer in back, so I don't feel exposed all the time. Awesomeness.

Currently I am wearing my super-expensive splurge jeans, which are the only ones that fit right now, a multicolored t-shirt, and some warm socks because my feet are always cold. Also my wedding band and engagement ring, which are the only jewelry I ever wear.

13. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

Those are awesome. And by "awesome", I mean they inspire fear and awe in the heart of your enemies. :eek:

I'm tall as a hobbit, but as a man my choice of, ehm, height improvements is somehow limited. I have a bit of heel on my motorcycle boots, but platforms are out of question, and I wouldn't wear lifts to save my life. So I guess I just have to laugh off my conspicuous shortness and simply be my awesome self. :D

Anyhow. Today I tried a new smart-sporty combination: beige jacket (new!), khaki shirt, dark blue jeans, dark blue tie, and khaki sneakers. I was not sure dark blue would work well with beige, but I think it totally did. I also showed off my last acquisition, a nice trilby hat (not pictured).

Apologies for the crappy selfie, but as tsq said, I seem to be unable to take good pictures of myself.

[​IMG]

14. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Holy shit. You do look like Alan Rickman!

15. Tora Ziyal

^ But I'll bet he doesn't sound like Alan Rickman.

:lol: Good term for the more extreme ones! Mine are subtle.

16. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Work clothes

17. Captain Ice

Captain Ice Cookie Constructor Admiral

Getting Captain Ice on to the naughty list
    Home for the night, so currently sitting around in a pair of shorts.

18. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Black jeans. Black zip-neck polo. DMs. JLC Memovox.

19. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

This week, I 'ave been mostly wearing a white long-sleeved top, dark green jogging trousers, slippers, and of course the bag.

Not the epitome of style, but I get by. :bolian:

20. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Liquid cotton t. Jeans. Black trainers. Seeing how casual I can dress at work in an infantile passive aggressive display.