American Food for Superbowl...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jax, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

A little tradition that me n my friend has over the last few years is that we try to American it up during Superbowl night :p This year trying to be a little more accurate in our choice of food n drink so what recommendations do you have for American esq food/drink and what do you do for superbowl my american cousins ;)?

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Um...

Beer. Wings. Some kind of dip.

3. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^ Can't go wrong with wings and beer.I traditionally go mexican during the Superbowl with grilled skirt steak fajitas, chips, guacamole and margaritas.

4. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

just put imitation cheese on everything.

and shoot a mexican.

5. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Yeah, what RojoHen said, plus chips and/or veggies (for dipping)

6. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Potato skins.

7. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

It's the perfect day for the sort of food that comes frozen in a bag from Costco. Hot sauce optional.

8. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

My dad used to make nachos. I used to steal the bowl of sliced jalepeno peppers and take them in my room to read a book.

I'd imagine chili would be pretty popular, for on top of chips, fries, or hot dogs.

9. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

hot wings, tortilla chips, lagers and pilsners.

10. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Definitely need tortilla chips and salsa for snacking, alternatively Ruffles and french onion dip or spinach dip for those that don't like salsa. For those that insist on pretending to be healthy this day, a tray of veggies (such as carrots and celery) to dip into ranch dressing.

As for an actual meal...well, really you just snack all day long on crap, there is usually no actual meal. But if there is, perhaps some homemade slow-cooker chili, wings, nachos, or of course pizza. If you need specific instructions on how to prepare these dishes the "American way," I'm sure we can provide help.

Basically, think fatty, greasy, messy, very easy to prepare. Something you can eat with your hands! No place settings or even a table is needed, just your couch and a paper plate full of yum. Beverages should include beer or margaritas. Strawberry and grape soda for the non-alcoholics.

Mexican food is very popular on Superbowl Sunday (well actually it's popular all the time where I live). You may need some sort of bean dip, guacamole, quesadillas. It's really up to you!

11. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Nachos and Wings are always winners.

12. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I've been to Super Bowl parties that just had lots of different takeout/delivery pizzas for people to choose from (and ice cold beer, of course).

13. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

6 foot sub sammich, wings, chips and dips and brownies and cookies for dessert.

Oh yeah...beer. Lots of beer.

14. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Ugh...is one required to call it a 'sammich' at the Super Bowl Party too? :p

15. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Make sure the sammich is actually 6 feet long.

16. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Chips and dip (and LOTS of chips), cheap beer, chicken wings, sandwiches....basically, lots of food that you can eat with one hand while holding a beer in the other.

17. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Melt a block of Velveeta in the crock pot, throw in a can of Rotel tomatoes. Serve with tortilla chips and pickled jalapenos.

And a couple cases of Bud Light.

18. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Yeah. Be prepared to take legal action if it's only five feet and eleven inches.

19. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

My American choice... Nacho Cheese Doritos and root beer. And sometimes, cheese dip and chips.

20. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

There's always the 4 foot wedge as well. (Or however long you order it. I've seen from 3' up to 6'.) The Super Bowl used to be a week or so earlier when I was a kid, so it fell close to my birthday. The delis always had sales on wedges that time of year, so that's what we'd get when I had the kids from school over for a party. They would usually throw in some potato or macaroni salad and a 2 L bottle of soda as well.

We would usually get the half American, half Italian one. But as an adult, I've had a vegetarian option consisting of breaded eggplant, roasted red pepper, basil, and mozzarella that immediately became my favorite.

This Super Bowl this year is about as appealing to me as eating worm infested dog shit while my friend's uncle toe bangs my anus, so I have about zero interest in watching on Sunday.

I was planning on getting together with my mom and making fish tacos and playing Trivial Pursuit instead. And she's another big football fan with no interest this go around.