Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, that one does look good.

They also had the Klingon Raptor, which I'll probably get at some point. That was a nice design and I'm not sure why they never reused it after "Sleeping Dogs". They probably could've saved a bit of $ by reusing it in one or two of the episodes where they introduced a new Klingon ship. Not that I'm complaining, since we ultimately got a good four or five designs on "Enterprise" and they're the only non-Fed race with that many canon ship designs. I'm just curious.

2. Sans

Sans Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I am in the U.S. and I have not gotten any word on those issues. Like you, I too was billed on the 2nd. I expected them around the 17th. I will be sending a message to them Wednesday.

If my calculations are correct, either this or next month is when I, not sure about the rest of you, should be getting the Cube.

A thought just occurred to me, maybe this is why we are having a delay on these issues?

3. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

after months of waiting for issue 23(nebula class)from my local newagent, I ordered it eagle moss Australian site,got it within a week,open it and the engineering hull,nacelles and the equipment pod sector was off,but mange to click it back onto the saucer section.

4. Racer_X

Racer_X Commander Red Shirt

I've also been charged on 6/2, but no models received. And this is also the first shipment in a long time that I've not yet seen an email with the tracking number. Strange

5. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Interesting that the same thing is happening to several of us.

6. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It sounds like the shuttles are going to be some form of special. Either sold individual or in some form of group, and only through eagles and not stores.

Does anyone else want other shuttles released? I mean I know there are several that I like, but I am also one that wants the release to go past 200 hundred, so not the best judge.

What does everyone else think about expanding the release of shuttles?

7. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I'll wait and see how they release them, whether it's as regular issues, specials, as a set, etc
    From the preview pics I'd probably get the TNG shuttle at least, maybe the VOY one too

8. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

^ Maybe I missed a link in the thread. Where can I find the preview pictures of the shuttles?

9. Nate

Nate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It is. Makes me feel slightly better that's it not just me. When I called they didn't say why it was late, just that they'd send a replacement and it would be 10-14 days.

I wonder if there is a packing request setting at their fulfillment center waiting for a Borg Cube shipment to go with.

Of course the little kid in me screams "I want my ships now".

10. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think anyone posted it to be fair.
    Here it is...

[​IMG]

Very nice. Shame they left out the Enterprise Shuttlepod though

11. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Those look great! Thanks for posting!

12. Sans

Here is the email I got back today:

13. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

That's very good news - thanks for posting!

14. Racer_X

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but I find it pretty strange that for many of us in the US, the same shipment that no one appears to have received is the same shipment that no one received the shipping notification email. I'd feel a bit better had I received a tracking number, and could see that my shipment got lost somewhere.

And now that I check my old sent emails, I see this happened once before, for the AGT Enterprise in February. I sent an email stating that no shipment had been received, and that no corresponding email tracking had been sent, despite getting tracking emails for other shipments. What are the odds? I'm sorry, but something seems fishy here....

15. Sans

Not really. To send a shipping notification, one has to ship something first. If they don't have the item in stock, they can't ship it.

16. Racer_X

Fair point, but then maybe they shouldn't be charging our credit cards so early if they won't have the stock to ship.

17. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

It's more than likely an automatic thing.

18. Sans

I think it is an automatic thing as well. I would be happy with an email saying hey, there will be a delay.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  19. Racer_X

It might not be automatic. Since the beginning, most of my credit card payments were monthly, but there was a large time gap between credit card payments 6 months ago, from 12/22/2014 to 2/11/2015, so they've intentionally delayed things before. Anyway, it looks like most of us are all in the same boat, so I'm not going to worry - but it's certainly bad form on their part.

20. mtblillie

mtblillie Captain Captain

I actually got my shipment and shipping e-mail on time. So I'm guessing stock just ran out at a bad time. It could be anything, like something happened during production that is causing delays. Maybe a shipment got sent the UK market as replacements for missing/broken ships, etc.