The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really like the Catwoman costume. It's fits into Nolan's more realistic universe, but at the same time it's still recognizably Catwoman. I think the goggles as ears thing is a really good idea.

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

I love this picture. She's cute and has a bit of a vulnerable side showing.

3. Dark Gilligan

Dark Gilligan Writer Fleet Captain

Agreed. Newmar was clearly the inspiration for this look, with logical updates to fit within Nolan's universe. Love the pull-down goggles too, very practical.

4. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

5. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I've got two things to say about that second news story:
    1) Anne Hathaway is THE AWESOME for knowing who Harley Quinn is and trying to bring her to life
    2) Nolan once again proves how great he is by recognizing Anne as the best fit for one character based on her attempt to channel another

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

For those interested in coffee table reference books we're getting two or three awesome ones!!

-Christopher Nolan's Batman: The Art and Making of the Dark Knight Trilogy By Jody Duncan Jesser, and Jainine Pourroy. 304 Pages from Abrams Books. It will be available on July 28 according to Amazon

-Dark Knight Manual: Tools, Weapons, Vehicles, and Documents From the Batcave by Brandon T. Snider. 160 Pages from Inside Editions (have never heard of these guys) This will be out June 5

-Batmobile The Complete Visual History By Mark Cotta Vaz 156 pages, also from Inside Editions. Available June 12.

Pics of the covers are all available on Amazon. I'm most excited for the manual and the Behind the scenes book.

7. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Shouldn't we getting a new trailer soon? Or is it just me feeling that the two trailers we've seen were underwhelming?

8. Admiral_Young

We can probably expect a third trailer sometime in May. Some thoughts have been that it could be attached with "Avengers" but the more likely movie is "Dark Shadows" which is a Warner Bros produced film.

9. Captaindemotion

^ It will be curious for those of us of a certain age to see a Batman film featuring Catwoman being advertised before a Tim Burton movie, which co-stars Michelle Pfeiffer.

10. Admiral_Young

Indeed so. I thought about that...but don't see why they wouldn't attach it with "Dark Shadows". Marvel and DC have advertised each others films in various of their comics...so it is possible that a trailer could be attached with "Avengers". That seems a little early to me (yeah I know, there are a lot of people impatient with the marketing campaign...but the Nolan has a plan). :)

11. Captaindemotion

^ Oh, there's no reason not to attach it - indeed, I would have thought that the two movies will appeal to a broadly similar audience. It's just a funny little coincidence is all.

12. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

It's funny you say that. The trailers show interesting things happening I guess, but they really don't get me too pumped to see the film. they are a bit lazy....

13. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This, exactly. I'm getting more pumped by the behind the scenes leakes we've been getting then from the trailers really.

14. nvek86

nvek86 Commander Red Shirt

It may be early, but it's the same thing they did with The Dark Knight, whose second trailer was attached to Iron Man. And so far, they have kept pretty close to the marketing of the last film (teaser in the summer, first trailer + prologue in Decembre). Plus: definitely more people will see the trailer if it's with The Avengers than with Dark Shadows.

15. Captaindemotion

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/04/...-the-villains-controversial-voice-its-a-risk/

16. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination

that doesn't matter as much these days, though-the trailer will be online the next day anyway.

17. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

The Dark Knight Rises trailer will officially debut with The Avengers on May 4th. Talk about nerd nirvana! :D

18. Admiral_Young

The debate has ended! Awesome news.

19. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

It only makes sense. Many in attendance are the same audience + it'll have a high % of casual general audience types in the crowd. Something not likely to be had with it's inter-studio film Dark Shadows.

They are far enough apart from one another for Marvel/Disney to agree to this. A 'quid' to be 'pro quoed' at a later date I'd imagine.

20. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone who's seen Avengers get this?

We came in a bit late (well actually the movie started way earlier than normal, usually you have to sit through seemingly hours of ads) and saw the new Amazing Spider-Man trailer and some others, but wasn't sure if we either missed the DKR one or if it wasn't on.

I'll probably be seeing Avengers again anyway, but I imagine the new trailer will surface on the internet soon