Latest acquisition!

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Therin of Andor, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

May 2015. Voyage of the Basilisk.

2. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

I've been in the halifax/Dartmouth area for the last few days and was able to find a few novels at a local used book store called John W. Doulls. I was able get a soft cover copy of Imzadi, a copy of Vonda McIntyre's Star Trek III novelization, a copy of TOS: Home is The Hunter by Dana Kramer-Rolls, and the gem of the find is a copy of Una's McCormack's DS9: Hollow Men, which I've been looking for for awhile

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last week I took advantage of Comixology's Star Trek sale, and pick up Spock Reflections, Khan, and Volume 1 of the Abramsverse ongoing series.

4. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finally got my copy of Voyager: Homecoming in the mail! Looking forward to continuing from Endgame.

5. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

A great haul this past fortnight: a revised edition of "Star Trek: Ships of the Line" (top, last week), IDW's photo comic, "Made out of Mudd" (right), a special edition of Titan's "Star Trek" magazine (centre) and - as if via a time machine - the arrival of "Return to Tomorrow" (left), on the filming of "Star Trek: The Motion Picture", a collection of interviews originally slated for an eagerly-awaited double-issue of "Cinefantastique" magazine way back in 1980!
    [​IMG]
    New Trek books by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

My copy of "Return to Tomorrow" arrived in Sydney, Australia, today and I'm thrilled to have it. Many pieces in makeup artist Fred B. Phillips' words, and several anecdotes on Billy Van Zandt's Rhaandarite bridge alien (variations/elaborations to known stories, and new info).

Also this week came a four-disk set of CDs featuring soundtrack music from "Star Trek: Enterprise".

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I got a B&N gift card as a "solstice" present (my family stopped celebrating Christmas, but we still give present, so we just call them "solstice presents") from my sister, so I picked up STTNG: Cold Equations Book III: The Body Electric, STVAN: Storming Heaven, and STTOS: Ex Machina. I've been wanting to read EM for years, so as soon as I finish TMP in my TOS/TAS/TOS Movies rewatch I'll be starting it.

7. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Money well spent for all three.:)

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I got some more Christmas gift cards, so I decided to get one more Trek book, Cast No Shadow. The same thing I said about EM applies to CNS too. I'd been focusing on the ongoing series, but I've been in the mood for some movie era TOS so I decided to get these. Before anyone tells me, yes I am aware of Foul Deeds will Rise, and it is very high on my list.
    I already have a pretty good idea what TOS books I'll be getting next. My top three are Forgotten History (both as a EM follow-up and because I loved Watching the Clock), From History's Shadow, and Foul Deeds...

9. Therin of Andor

I picked up my copy of Una McCormack's "DS9: The Missing" yesterday! Galaxy Bookshop, Sydney. And then it turned up under the Christmas tree this morning!

Merry Christmas, everyone.

10. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow! Theron You're really Lucky to have Una's new book already. JD Cast No Shadow by James Swallow is a great book .You'llAlso like From History's shadow too.

11. Reanok

I got some new Trek Star trek books for Christmas Ex Machina & Watching the clock by Christopher Bennett and a new Star trek Tos Calendar.:)

12. Therin of Andor

Galaxy Bookshop in Sydney usually outdoes itself, although I do have to thank Simon & Schuster Australia, too. Way back in the 1980s, all Trek novels arrived in Australia by sea freight (minimum of three months after the USA release). In the 90s and 00s, Galaxy would air freight a batch for special and standing orders, with leftovers for the "new releases" shelf, to be topped up many weeks later when the bulk shipment arrived via S&S Aust.

Since the release of JJ's 2009 Trek movie, S&S Aust. have handled the advance air freight shipments themselves, and are seemingly absorbing the costs, since the books arrive - often before their US release - at a significantly lower price. (In the 80s, we sometimes happily paid up to triple the US cover price just to say we had the book before others in Australia.)

13. Therin of Andor

[LEFT][​IMG]
    Andorian stuff by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

Celebrating the arrival of my Eaglemoss Andorian Battle Cruiser "Kumari" in the post today (#37 in the "Official Starships Collection" magazine and model, but the only one I decided I really, really needed)! This one came from the UK (via eBay), but it's not officially due in Australia for ages.

Also depicted amongst my other Andorian stuff, such as a screen-used Andorian bandage, the Andorian sock monkey, IDW photo cover comic, customised Andorian Skeletrek, bust of Shras, screen-used Aenar antennae and signed pic of Shran is...

Volume 3 of Marc Cushman's "These Are the Voyages" hardcover series.

All stuff I really, really need. ;)
    [/LEFT]

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's not TrekLit, but I did pick up the digital versions of Keith R.A. DeCandido and Rockne S. O'Bannon's first post-PK Wars Farscpae comic miniseries, The Beginning of the End of the Beginning. Farscape is one of my favorite TV series of all time, and Keith is one of my favorite writers so I'm really looking forward to this one. I'm on Season 4 of the series in my rewatch so I should be able to start the comics pretty soon.

15. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

Devil´s Bargain by Tony Daniel and Foul Deeds by Greg Cox have arrived today. :)

16. Reanok

I got some new Star trek SCE books Creative Couplings and two other books in the series at the used bookstore .I also got one of the Gateways novels I haven't read yet.

17. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Got the IDW City... collection. I had no idea it was a hardcover edition, it is very nice.

18. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

"DTI: The Collectors", by Christopher L Bennett. Airplane reading.

19. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

A few weeks ago, I finally got Federation: 150 Years. Finally, we get Family Guy references in Star Trek! :D

20. Therin of Andor

"Savage Trade" by Tony Daniel is in da house Down Under!