The IT Crowd Series Finale to begin filming in 3 weeks

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Candlelight, May 7, 2013.

1. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

That made me laugh, especially when Moss was changing into his women's slacks, and Jen with the internet!

2. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Graham Linehan tweeted this picture of his kids worshiping the Internet. All Hail!

3. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice conclusion, even though the show never managed to be as good again as it was during the first series.

4. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Really? I thought the first series was by far the weakest of the bunch.

5. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I liked it. 2nd and 3rd series are my favorite.
    I didn't expect to see Richmond so that was a very pleasant surprise.
    They had a very nice conclusion, both when they exited the basement and with the credit scene.

6. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I loved it, and now it's offically gone i will miss it.

7. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Got to see it last night, and it's a great send off for the show, some great gags and touching moments.

Loved the Richmond cameo and "the internet" joke returning. Jen really didn't figure it out after two or three years? :lol:

8. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I felt it was a decent send-off, not a great episode, but also not a bad one. It was strange because it didn't feel like a finale until the final minute or so, it was just a normal (albeit extended) episode. I was wondering how they were going to end it, and for a while there I began to worry it would be some weird 4th-wall ending where the characters realised they were characters in a TV show. But the actual ending fitted the show just about perfectly.

I think the first series was the purest of the bunch in that it was actually about the tribulations of an IT department. The rest of the series moved away from that and it became a more generic sitcom with nerdy humour, and later series were increasingly dominated by Douglas. I personally think series 2 and 3 were the funniest, but I can understand why some would prefer series 1.

9. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

Yeah I loved series 1 and 2 the most myself. I need to watch the other two series again at some point to see if my opinion improves. An excuse to re-watch I suppose.

I really enjoyed the final episode, it turned out to be an effective wrap-up at the end. I laughed a lot more than I thought I would either, so that's good.

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I loved that "Artistic" Spectrum joke.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  11. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pretty much. For the same reasons I can hardly stand Big Bang Theory ever since it became The Sheldon Show.

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I have to say, for me Matt Berry is often the least funny thing about it.

Did love the artistic spectrum joke. I did get a bit worried when Roy started going on about "does anyone else find the things that hapen to us a bit odd?" and I did fear a 4th Wall/Truman show ending.

13. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Matt Berry and even Chris Morris were always the least funny bits of the show.

14. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    Yeah I must admit I watched less when that annoying boss got more and more prominence. I just cannot stand his voice - it's even worse on that Garth Marengi show. His accent ad inflections are just SO annoying!

The bit where Jen first threw the cup of coffee on the bag lady made me piss my pants - classic awkward Jen moment!

15. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

Coffee Tramp Toss Bitch.

Richmond gliding out of Jen's office was just sublime.

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

"2013 special

"The Internet Is Coming" (sometimes incorrectly referred to as "The Last Byte"),[9][10][11] the final episode of The IT Crowd, aired as a one-off special on 27 September 2013.[3] Production began in 2011, and filming finished in July 2013. Chris O'Dowd (Roy) had this to say after filming the finale: "It was lovely to say hello to the characters again – but also to say goodbye to them. I think we've probably done it now and I'd be surprised if we did any more."[12]
    "

Ok... it's been almost a FULL YEAR now and I have yet to see any way for me, as someone in the Colonies, to see this damn finale! It's not on DVD and it's not on Netflix. How can I see this???

17. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Finally saw it! Good final episode. Lots of good laughs and all four characters got something to do. And the vampire guy returned! I was really hoping that would happen!

20. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

It was only repeated on local TV last weekend, enjoyed seeing it again.