DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

I just love how they come off as though they honestly believe marriage is some "cure all" for characters who have tough times. Like marriage will give you infinite happiness and pleasure.

:luvlove:

2. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They've obviously never been married.

3. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Considering that would make it the first time ever DC allowed the old continuity to come back as a major focus I doubt thats happening.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Year Zero.

How odd to first have two events running at the same time, and second to have this 5 years back on the cusp of an anticipated 5 years forward.

5. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually we do - I'll have to find the link but it's just for a single month - the weekly series will then carry on five years later but the series will all return to the now.

Obviously the future we see we will never get...

6. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

It was actually in an Admiral_Young post in this very thread: Link

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/11...-years-later-the-weekly-comic-from-dc-comics/

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Doh! LOL. That's embarrassing. Thanks for the clarification.

8. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Trinity War may have been a bust, but Forever Evil has been a ball so far. Lex Luthor, Bizarro, Black Manta, Black Adam, and Captain Cold teaming up to take on the Crime Syndicate. I like where this is going :techman:

Anyone else get the feeling that Johns is just as annoyed as fans are about the Rogues getting powers, and decided to take them back? Cold got depowered, and I assume will be crafting a new cold gun if his comment about needing thirty-two minutes and an appliance store are anything to go by.

9. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

I wasn't being serious, but more making a commentary about DC's indulgence for changing continuity. I still don't like the ten years later idea though--I would prefer something like 52 Earths in September if they want a gimmick.

10. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

It's far from an indulgence. In both cases where continuity was rebooted (FP, COIE), this was precipitated by a change in upper management at DC Comics. Rebooting the continuity was a signal by the new executives at DC they were also trying to reset their broader strategy. In the case of COIE, they were successful and knew that the reboot with only one part of a larger strategy to hook in new readers. What DC after FP really lacked was a larger strategy and a serious attempt to try and maintain the large number of new readers not to mention any means of quality control.

Probably set up for the next team on Flash.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  11. Admiral_Young

I'll admit, that Forever Evil has been awesome so far.

12. Guy Gardener

Captian Cold just lost his powers, how does he make it onto team Luthor?

Unless it really takes him 28 minutes in an appliance store to make a new cold gun?

13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Depends on how long the line at the cash register is.

14. Guy Gardener

It's Riot Rulez.

Go through a window, take what you want, and leave through a different window.

15. Admiral_Young

Greg Pak's "Action Comics" run is off to a great start, and another great issue of "Batman/Superman". I hope he gets a long run on both books. Love the art in "Action Comics" as well.

16. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I'm enjoying it quite a bit too. The splash page with Deathstorm sucking all the heroes in was pretty damn cool.

17. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I need to grow up. I read that as "Deathstroke sucking off all the heroes" and had a real wtf moment.

18. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

19. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I had Swamp Thing Annual #2 left over from last week and just read it back-to-back with Swamp Thing #25 and that made for a great read.

Jason Woodrue...avatar of the Green, he now looks much more like his Floronic Man visage.

How does the Parliament and Alec get things back to right once the error has been fully realized? Further what loop hole will allow Alec to reclaim the title of avatar since much has been made about once your time has passed another is chosen.

20. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

It's interesting since Animal Man is doing a similar storyline with elements of the Red essentially picking a more aggressive Avatar, Brother Blood, and dumping Maxine.