Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

2. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

The cape does look a little huge on him, almost Spawn like in size. and I dont like the scales on the shield. On the other hand I like the scales everywhere else. The wrist detail is cool and the points match the inverted points on the boots which works for me. Overall a b+ design so far.

3. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

HAHAHAH that one is hilarious!

4. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually looks great.

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Whoa. Please resize that image!

6. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Jeez, they should have just gone ahead and cast Will Smith. At least they'd have gotten some "blantant shock value." :lol:

And BTW, the accelerating distribution of and reaction to this photo demonstrates again how ridiculous the notion is that this production would need to resort to alleged "stunt casting" to pick up a day or two of high-profile coverage.

7. Obiwanshinobi

Productions not over yet, maybe there will be a black-face scene. That would be pretty blatant.

8. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not loving the hair (looks like a bad wig) or the use of the Spiderman/basketball fabric but the set up of the shot itself looks pretty good.

9. Shazam!

I heard that Lawrence Fishburne is going to white up for the role.

10. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I hate reading the AICN talkback pages because they just hate everything that is ever posted.

All in all I do like the new suit and can't wait for this movie!

11. Shazam!

I like the look of it too. I say again though, the look. I'm no fan of Synder's but his movies look good.

I'm also pleased we're getting what looks to be a SuperMAN not a SuperMetrosexualCatalogueModelMan.

12. Admiral Buzzkill

Well, we've never had that in the movies so there's another red herring for you.

13. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow. That's a huge cape! :lol:

Is it me, or does he kinda look like Ioan Gruffudd in that shot?

In some ways, the suit reminds me of the Superman Returns costume. Mainly in regards to the darker color scheme and the texture.

I'm not digging the \S/ as its an odd stylistic change, and I never really cared for when it was depicted "bulging" out of his chest.

Still, from what we can see, the costume is pretty damn close to the source material. It's at least 100x better than the idiot fan ideas to "modernize" the costume for a movie out there. Can't wait for a full-on publicity shot of him in the suit. Hopefully, they don't have the stupid yellow \S/ on the cape. God, I hate that thing! :lol:

14. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^I think it's quite like the SR costume. More like it than the Chris Reeve one, anyway. And Cavill looks like Tom Welling in it. Works for me.

15. Obiwanshinobi

James Remar, Ioan Gruffudd, Tom Welling...all 3 of us think he looks like somebody else! :lol:

16. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Holy fuck that looks awesome. And never in a million years did I expect the classic, old school S to be used, but I'm loving that too.

Just... badass. :eek:

17. Shazam!

Red herring doesn't mean what you think it means.

18. Admiral Buzzkill

Oh dear. :lol:

The shape of the shield is almost a stylistic throwback to the 1950s, Wayne Boring design. Interesting. I notice that the nuDC "armor" version of the outfit features a 3-D shield/icon, at least when some artists draw it.

Look at the outer part of the right thigh - there may be some segmentation/detail going on there that's new. Again, something like the nuDC version?

19. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Which makes Cavill perfect for the dual identity side of things :)

He looks like Marc Anthony to me.

20. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The costume looks good, traditional mixed with bit of new:cool:
    The cape looks cool..they can make pretty majestic shots with that waving on the wind:techman: