Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

They got married in Fantastic Four 150.

No idea about the courtship.

2. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I had been thinking of getting back into the X-Men after being away for awhile (I read both Uncanny and "adjectiveless" for most of the 1990s and the 2000s). But after looking around the various comic book sites and seeing how torn apart and twisted around things currently are, I think it's better that I stay away.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The best X-Men book on the shelf right now is Peter David's "All New X-Factor" and that is unfortunately ending soon. Followed by Greg Pak's "Storm" solo book (which unfortunately seems on the cancellation bubble).

4. Guy Gardener

Do you like time travel?

Brian Michael Bendis has been writing All-New X-Men for the last 3 years (Since issue #1) where Beast decides to A Christmas Carol Cylops (Who is basically Magneto now.) to stop the current/ongoing/upcomming series of disasters by bringing the Original X-Men (circa X-men #10, 1964.) forward in Time to give the current line up a right talking to. Unfortunately they get "stuck" and can't be sent back, not that they really want to be sent back after they get a glimps of what their future has in store for them.

Such fun!

5. Admiral_Young

I like time travel. Bendis writing X-Men? No.

6. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

And PAD at least did something with Lorna and Wanda before the book got canned and before Marvel decided to follow the MCU.

7. Admiral_Young

Yep and it was great.

8. Guy Gardener

Danger asking to have sex with everyone was disturbing.

Although technically she is a holodeck, so it's practically what she was made for.

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I guess I missed that episode of Next Generation. :eek:

10. Guy Gardener

Illyana Rasputin, realizing that she's not half the sorceress she needs to be to get the job done any more, seeks tutorship, an apprenticeship with Stephen Strange, which is what she's explaining to Stephen in the 80s, that he's so tight with the Avengers, that he is an Avenger, that it's inconceivable to approach him in her present to learn how to save the world.

"Really? I can't think of any reason that I would join the Avengers."

There's a %40 likelihood they are knocking boots because Stephen is an even bigger horndog than Stark.

(Strange madeout with Betty Banner in a recent volume of the Defenders... Wait? I think she actually wound up with, but then time folded back and they all forgot? ...Oh? You're wondering why Betty is suddenly a major player in the MCU that she hangs with the Defenders when Bruce is not on site? Three words" Red She-Hulk. )

I only read the first two issue of the adjectiveless X-Men, a bit dull for me, but their gimmick, their hook is NO BOYS ALLOWED!

All-New X-Factor is superb. Madrox was put to the wayside in the last volume. The new male lead is Gambit.

Amazing X-Men left me cold. It's Nightcrawlercentric. He has the power to teleport peoples arms off and he doesn't. What a maroon.

Magneto (The Comic Book) is excellent. He scours the world finding Mutant hating billionaires and survivalist hate groups, and then destroys them entirely. Very dark.

Cyclops got his own book finally! Except it's teenage Cyclops from the past. 16 year old Scott was in the present for 10 issues before someone mentioned "hey your bother's not dead and he's leading the Avengers" and 25 issues before someone told Scott "And your Dads not dead either". The Cyclops book is about 16 year old Scott out in space with Corsair being space pirates. :)

Wolverine and the X-Men has off-putting art, but that's where the Bobby Drake/Kitty Pryde romance, of little that there is of it, takes place.

X-Force. Dry and Humourless. It's just about the threat of genocide and the how many people they're willing to kill to stop it. Dark stuff.

Uncanny Avengers is the unity (1/2 mutant) team. Havok is team leader. He recently spent 5 years in the future, where he married the Wasp and Kang kidnapped their daughter. After they got back to present they remembered everything and stayed married.

11. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Am I the only who thinks that its a rather odd choice to have Falcon's first story as the new Captain America be one where he gets turned evil?

12. Guy Gardener

Holo pursuits. Deanna sees Reg Barclay's half naked hologram of she, assumes it's for sex and freaks the #### out.

Galaxy's Child. Leah sees Geordie's hologram of she, assumes it's for sex and freaks the #### out.

Oh.

EVERYEPISODEOFDEEPSPACENINE!!!!

(Or at least, every episode that featured Quark's Bar.)

13. Guy Gardener

He hasn't turned evil in his own book, it's only in Captain America and Mighty the Avengers, and AXIS.

On one hand, it's really bad timing, on the other hand, Sam makes a great Supervillain.

14. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

It was in the 70s. Quicksilver was rescued by Crystal and Lockjaw after being injured by the Sentinels. They fell in love.

15. Guy Gardener

In the 80s she threw herself at a door to door salesman and the marriage fell apart.

They've gone back and forth a couple times since then.

Luna his daughter is hanging out with Quicksilver and X-Factor which is healthy.

16. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Crystal is the Marvel Universe's village bicycle. Everyone's had a ride.

17. Guy Gardener

Johnny Storm, Quicksilver, Salesman, the Black Knight and Ronan The Accuser.

5 men in 50 years?

Peter Parker was been with 10 times as many women as that in half the time before he was married in 1987.

(Tony Stark is the Marvel Universe's village bicycle.)

18. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Black Widow = Hawkeye, Daredevil, Bucky, Tony Stark, Hercules, Red Guardian...and i think Wolverine.

19. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

She was also making booty calls with Johnny in the Civil War era.

ETA: the difference between Crystal and Natasha is Crystal's is fifty years is comic-book time and Natasha'sis real time.

20. Guy Gardener

Natasha and Logan met when she was 7 years old (1941?).

She still calls him "Uncle Logan" sometimes.

If you want a real mindfuck...

Professor Xavier and Mystique were secretly married, and she was pregnant with his kid when Cylclops murdered Charles.