Green Arrow (CW)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Because the flashbacks run the risk of being repetitive if they slowly go from one event to the next. I like the flashbacks but over the course a single season not much has changed.

To make things interesting they should have some jumps ahead. Perhaps even the flashbacks will end this season with a cliffhanger. With next year picking up some time later.

I am going to be fascinated to hear how far in advance they plot the flashbacks and how they shot them. I think in some episodes those are there just because its part of the format. Not because it adds much to his back story. If the flashbacks were a edited together like a movie some of this stuff would be edited out for pace.

2. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

When he discovers a giant plug we'll know the show is in trouble :p

3. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm fairly sure it was mentioned that it had been a few months.

4. Dick Whitman

Yeah time has already passed its just not been very visible yet. Which they are going need to start showing better.

5. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

He was only on the island for 5 years. Not a lot of way to show that short a time pass. Beard and hair length are about it physically. All his scars and stuff would be covered by clothes and him gaining skills in fighting and bowmanship really dont mark the passing of time.

6. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

That thing about Guantanamo and blonds... :confused:

7. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not only that, I'm also quite sure that the guy who Ollie stole the bike from was Ronald D. Moore.

Yeah, I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I marathoned through the season this week.

Overall a decent show which tries a bit too much to be Batman Begins in the present and Lost in the flashbacks.

8. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ No mention of Moore appearing on the show. Had to look it up just in case.

Nothing yet for Laurel, but it looked like they were setting Roy up to be a sidekick. I'm not well versed on Green Arrow lore, so I didn't know that he's Speedy.

[​IMG]

9. Dick Whitman

I am glad they are moving so fast with Roy becoming Oliver's sidekick. When he was announced being on the show I thought they would draw it out and he would really just be Thea Queen's boyfriend.

Its interesting my Dad watches the show. He read the comics all the way back in the 40s as a kid. Plus he is really into archery. So its right up his alley even though his memories of the comic is very vague. He picked on Roy being setup as the sidekick even though having no memory of Speedy.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  10. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's really cool about your dad, I'm glad you mentioned that.

The way I'm interpreting it, what we've seen so far is the first month or so, and there are enough sharp implements around that Ollie and Slade can maintain some masculine scruff.

The really hairy Ollie we see in the opening voice over I am guessing is 5 years later. I am further guessing that everyone else was off the island but Ollie by that point, and he spent the last year alone, or playing cat and mouse with a few remaining mercenaries. By that point he was less concerned with grooming.

11. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Since Speedy is already taken (Thea), he'll most likely go by Red Arrow. Or perhaps Arsenal, but Red Arrow has a nicer ring to it.

12. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^He probably won't go by Red Arrow since Ollie doesn't go by Green Arrow.

13. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

Maybe the press will use those names once there's more than one vigilante archer.

14. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

The Green Vigilante....the Dark Archer, and the Red Hood... ;)

15. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought they go with both The Vigilante abf The Hood for Oliver.

16. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

That can change. It took ten seasons for Clark Kent to start being called Superman in Smallville (they even called him "The Blur" at one point). :)

17. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^Yep, in the last moments of the series finale he'll put on the "Peter Pan" hat, domino mask and walk into the Hall of Justice as the credits roll.

18. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I expect nothing less. :devil:

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed the episode. I was actually rather surprised by the two "break-ups" and I do like what they are doing with Roy and Thea looking into Ollie. I'm curious if they will both find out or just Roy. I'm also curious where exactly they're going with Tommy. Right now my theory is that his dad will end up either in jail or dead, and he'll take over as the big bad from then on.

20. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

That's my hunch as well. He'll probably be one of those "gray area" villains (maybe even an anti-hero). One of those characters who aren't entirely bad (and occasionally do good), but are still hero's adversaries.

What interests me is how he'll get his training. Will his father train him? Will he leave Starling city as Tommy, and return as Merlyn? Laurel addressing him as just "Merlyn" seemed a bit like foreshadowing. Maybe.