The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

No not yet, the kids want them so badly. I think I will keep them in the boxes for a little while.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    How much did they cost? With all those nifty electronic and motorized features they can't have come cheap.

3. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

They were $59.99 each, so yeah not cheap.

4. cooleddie74

I thought as much. Rare is the electronic toy with the Disney logo on the box that doesn't cost a few decent-sized bucks, but at least the quality appears to be there so you'll likely get your money's worth.

5. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Their GB figures weren't sold in stores (with the exception of the TRU exclusive GB2 Christmas 4-pack). They just sold them off of their online store.

I get why you don't like Mattel. It seemed like they made the GB figures in relatively limited quantities, considering how they tended to sell out.

And the whole Ecto-1 nonsense. They announced a proposed Ecto-1 to scale with the figures, complete with lights and sounds and Ray and Peter figures variants with removable Packs. Priced at $215. They were only willing to produce it if it got enough preorders... Shockingly, they didn't get enough (only 38% of their goal). After doing a Google search, I was amazed to find that the page for it is still up, over a year ofter they failed to reach their goal.

Sure thing.

6. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Some of Hasbro's exclusive packs shown at Toy Fair- a 4 pack for amazon:
    [​IMG]

And a three pack for Toys R Us:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No idea when they're coming- Spring 2015 most likely. The amazon set is 79.99 (ugh) and the TRU set is 49.99. I'm happiest about the Maria Hill figure!

7. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

To get Hill and Coulson we have to buy that crummy Nick Fury again! Grrrrrr.

8. cooleddie74

At least more Black Widow figures will be in stores, and she's been about as scarce as an Avengers figure gets in a lot of areas.

9. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I've found most of the first wave of Avengers Marvel Legends now. I still need Captain Marvel for a complete set, but at least I can complete the BAF at this point.

Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane!....
    [​IMG]

Oh, it's just the Sentry. Who give a crap?
    My apathy towards the character not withstanding, this is a nice figure, and certainly better than the version we got back in Toybiz's days with the line.

Now for the one I was actually most excited about in this wave. You want to talk about an upgrade over Toybiz, let's talk about Scarlet Witch.
    [​IMG]

Finally, after so many years of waiting, we are no longer stuck with....well, I think calling the Toybiz version a hideous pile of dog shit is being rather generous. Here's Wanda how she should look. Thank you.

Now the son of Odin makes his appearance. It's the mighty Thor in his modern look:
    [​IMG]

I'm slightly disappointed. This figure is pretty much a repaint of the Thor from the first new Marvel Legends wave, but with different arms and a sword this time. I suppose they already had a pretty perfect Thor mold, so they may as well get some mileage out of it.

Speaking of Odin, here he is. The build a figure from this wave:
    [​IMG]

He's great looking. Those legs were a bitch to get on, though. I'm worried they may pop off at any moment. There's also alternate parts that come with Machine Man and Captain Marvel to turn him into Old King Thor instead. I'll have to wait until I track Captain Marvel down to try that look.

10. cooleddie74

According to collecting website Rebelscum the second wave of Rebels/Saga Legends 3.75" figures (Jedi Temple Guard from The Clone Wars, animated TIE Pilot, AT-AT Driver, etc.) has just surfaced at a handful of different Target stores across the country, including locations in California and Wisconsin. The Jedi Temple Guard won't last long, so if anybody here wants new Rebels figures you might want to check your local Target pegs and see if they stocked anything from the newest wave assortment.

11. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Heck, I haven't even seen the first wave of Rebels 3.75 figures in my area yet aside from two-packs of Zeb and a Stormtrooper at TRU. My chasing figures down days (both at retail stores and online) ended not too long ago, so if I can't easily get 'em, it wasn't meant for me to have 'em. I'm hoping there will be better distribution when the Episode VII figures and vehicles arrive though.

12. cooleddie74

I've managed to see them all at least once except for Chopper and The Inqquisitor, but even the others have been gone from stores since a few days before Christmas. The only Rebels figures that have been stocked since are the Mission Series 2-packs, with the single-carded characters vanishing and not being restocked since the Holiday shopping season ended.

Part of it is no doubt the West Coast dock shutdown, but a large component is Hasbro's inept and crappy distribution to big box retail.

13. Kira's Mom

Got this little guy in the mail yesterday:

[​IMG]

He's one of the Sub-Ultron two packs. He's so tiny! About 2 inches tall.

14. cooleddie74

He looks bigger, but the 2" scale answers any questions about his articulation. Just the basics and five points at most.

15. Kira's Mom

Not even five. His head doesn't turn. :lol:

16. cooleddie74

Wow. Why am I not surprised by that? :lol:

17. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Peter Mayhew posted a picture on Facebook of the upcoming Black Series 3 3/4" Chewbacca. Pic

18. cooleddie74

I'm really looking forward to getting that figure. It looks pretty great and it's the first single-carded 3.75” Chewbacca figure from the live action movies in about five years.

19. cooleddie74

Just curious - does anybody here have a Toys 'R' Us Express store in your area? If you do and you collect Star Wars toys you might want to check your store because some of the Amazon-exclusive Vintage Collection Slave I's have been spotted there for as little as $35 before sales tax, which is less than half the original Amazon price.

20. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Leia seems to have shrunk somewhat.

[​IMG]