Patricia Tallman

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Noddy, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

I think she has moved on to an even higher plain of existence.

[​IMG]

2. Base_Delta_Zero

Base_Delta_Zero Commodore Commodore

She was my favorite female character on B5. Was bummed when she got written off. I had no idea she did so much other work without lines. People should have been using her as her. She's great!

3. Noddy

Noddy Captain

Has anyone here read/listened to her Pleasure Thresholds memoir? I can't get it, but I've read about some of the stuff she talks about on it, and it sounds quite interesting, particularly things like:

Why her young son, whenever he watched B5 on TV or visited the set, used to call G'Kar "Daddy."

One B5 cast member she sometimes found it uncomfortable doing scenes with, and the part of her body they'd always stare at.

The people she believes were truly responsible for her getting fired from the show after the pilot.

Does anyone know the answers to these questions?

4. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I preferred Lyta to Talia, but, in the grand scheme of things, I think her departure after The Gathering works perfectly for the overall arc.

Yes, it's a bit of a bummer, that most of her work was as stunt woman/extra only, but, it makes the drinking game mentioned earlier possible, and it makes her acting roles even more precious

5. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

I have it and I liked it a lot. It's not only a really interesting glimpse into the life of a hard-working stunt-woman and actress, it's written with a whole lot of heart.

I only remember the answer to one of your questions offhand.

It was one person as I recall. She referred to him as a creepy executive and didn't name a name but it was a married somebody she declined sleep with. After that, he used the excuse that she had more stunt credits than acting credits to lowball the salary offered so that she'd have to decline.

Happily, by the time that Andrea Thompson wanted to leave the show, JMS had more control over things and was able to get the telepath he'd wanted from the start.

Jan

6. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    Hollywood can be really gross.

7. Noddy

Noddy Captain

I think I recall reading about that incident elsewhere; honestly can't remember exactly where though. But for Pat to be basically treated like a common prostitute like that by an executive is awful.

8. Noddy

Noddy Captain

So, any idea why Pat's young son used to refer to G'Kar as Daddy?

9. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

Found it. Julian explained to Pat that as a little boy he heard people calling the actor dressed as G'Kar 'Andreas'. Julian's real dad's name is Andrea. Since Julian was just starting to talk then, he confused the two names.

Jan

10. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Wasn't that a Hank Williams tune? My Son Calls Another Narn Daddy :devil: