Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Re: Heroic Age/Avengers Ongoing Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I don't think I've ever even seen Invisible.

What?

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I mean The Invincible Iron Man...

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You're all crazy, invincible Iron Man is superb.

There's this animosity between Bethany Cabe and Pepper Potts that can only end in death or orgasm.

4. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I bailed when the book turned into 90% Tony Stark takes a board meeting and 10% Iron Man does cool stuff.

Fraction is way to decompressed.

5. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:lol:

6. Admiral_Young

I've caught up on Fantastic Four now. I enjoyed the Council of Reed Richards origin story in the point one issue. The Willie story in 605 was okay. I guess Peter has just left without explanation after living with Johnny? LOL. I would have thought that Hickman would have addressed this issue directly...but oh well. Looking forward to FF #18...kids field trip to the negative zone!!

7. Guy Gardener

Annihilus soiled Peter's toilet.

There's no coming back form that.

8. Turtletrekker

FF 18 was OK. The field trip to the Negative Zone was fun, but I was really more interested in the sub-plots with the Franklins and Reed and Sue in Kree space with Black Bolt and the Supreme Intelligence.

Other than the Frankin/Kree stuff, both of which were set-up for a future story, this was essentially another done-in-one from Hickman. I realize the Hickman's run is coming to an end soon, so an epic on the order of his recently completed one is an unreasonable expectation, but I'm glad to see him starting a story a little broader in scope than can be contained in a done-in-one before he leaves.

New Mutants 43-- The end of the "Exiled" crossover with Journey into Mystery. As I've followed the tale of the Disir ever since they first appeared in the Siege crossover of New Mutants, I was very happy with the way the tale of their cursed existance was concluded and genuinely surprised how the truth of their situation turned them into victims of Bor's egocentric and male chauvenistic nature and into sympathetic characters. Turns out the the "Hunger for man-flesh" that Bor cursed them for wasn't a literal hunger, but rather normal female wants and desires. In other words, Bor unleashed this hideous curse upon them... because they got horny while he was away.

As this Journey into Mystery crossover ends, the new Previews brings word of another--this time with Thor. However, previews lists both the Thor and JiM issues of "Everything Burns" to be written by Matt Fraction. I sure hope that's a typo.

9. Saga

anyone else reading Incredible Hulk? it started out pretty good but has quickly went downhill with each issue.

10. Turtletrekker

^ I was thinking of picking up the first trade as his current status quo seems a nice twist to the legend, and it has generally been getting good reviews. In fact, I think yours might be the first negative word that I've heard against it. What exactly has gone wrong with it in your opinion?

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  11. Saga

i liked the idea of Banner being the bad guy, and being separate from Hulk. but they kinda dropped the Banner vs Hulk idea after a few issues and it just turned into Hulk beating up random gamma/animal monsters. and now Hulk is turning into Banner again.

12. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm reading Incredible Hulk.
    Haven't read the new issue with Punisher yet though.
    I've been enjoying Rucka's Punisher so I'm eager to read it. Feel that title has been criminally overlooked.

I enjoyed the first arc myself. Didn't feel it went downhill with each issue.
    The point I do agree with Shinzon on though is they gave us back Banner too quick. Just one arc having them separate? Personally there was lots to explore. Heck even maybe bring Gray Hulk out of the solo Banner. Granted at that point perhaps killing Banner in some form may have been tough but I'm just agreeing they returned Banner to early.

13. Turtletrekker

Sorry to quote myself, but apparently, it was a typo. *whew*:lol:

And art by Alan Davis! Yay! :)

14. Admiral_Young

FF#18: The awesomeness continues. Johnny is the substitute teacher and decides to take the kids into the negative zone on a field trip. Basically there has been a revolt on one of the sub-cities which result with Johnny meeting his generals do demand (singular) free elections....which result in Annilhilus being voted in as their new leader, Val could hardly believe it :)

Incredible Hulk #8: I continue to love this book. Jason Aaron has to be in my top five favorite writers list right now. Banner is back, but in an interesting way. Hulk's brain, of which Hulk isn't too pleased about. This issue kicks off the Stay Angry arc and basically in order to prevent himself from reverting back to Banner...has to stay angry. As opposed to Bruce getting angry to change into Hulk. Frank's guest appearance is awesome in this book (I seriously may have to reconsider picking up Punisher again). The issue ends on a cliffhanger which Hulk seemingly in Atlantis.

15. Guy Gardener

I wouldn't call it a cliffhanger.

it's just a first 12 seconds of next month.

Aarons plan seems to be to never show the story form Banners perspective.

Hulk tries to stay angry for as long as he can until...

void.

Weeks months possibly rush past.

Angry again, look left, look right... Banner is suuuuuuuuuuuuuch a cock.

Roll credits.

It's how they did Batman under Adam West and how they did Alias with Garner.

Preview not cliffhanger.

A cliffhanger is, in my opinion, is a break half way through the story, not 1/2 a second after the bugger starts.

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yes, I Hulk very quickly got boring.

I'm glad they resolved the Johnny / Negative Zone storyline, I was just thinking that was a huge thread to be leaving lying around.

17. Admiral_Young

^ I don't think it's resolved. I think it's just getting started again. Hickman obviously has plans or is setting them up for another writer IMO.

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Well I mean they resolved Johnny being in charge of the Negative Zone. :)

19. Admiral_Young

That's what I'm disagreeing with you about. That election was just for the sub-cities...not the entire Negative Zone, unless I wasn't paying attention, which is possible. I have a feeling tough that this is setting up Hickman's finale arc later this fall. You could be right Mr. Light.

20. Turtletrekker