Bones Season 7 Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Spot's Meow, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Does anyone else here watch this show? I just got into it about a year ago and have recently finished catching up, so this is the first season I am able to watch as it happens. I really love this show, it is so much fun to watch. The hour just flies by every episode.

How are you guys liking the new season so far? I like the direction that the show is going in. I hope that they show us some more scenes of Angela and Hodgins with their baby, I would like to see that side of them more often. And of course I hope that they continue to have intriguing cases each week, I really like that aspect of the show as well.

Something that I have been wondering about for quite a while now is Zack and whether or not his story will ever be wrapped up. We last left him basically admitting his innocence and forbidding Sweets to tell anyone about it. And in the dream episode where Booth is the owner of that nightclub, someone calls Zack "the type of moron who goes to jail for a crime they didn't commit." This means that on some level Booth must doubt Zack's guilt. It was all a very interesting story to me that just sort of disappeared several seasons ago now. I hope there is some sort of mention of this again.

I'm looking forward to the rest of this season...seeing Brennan as a mother should be interesting!

2. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm loving Booth and Brennan as a couple and expected parents. It's a welcoming change from the unresolved romantic tension these two have been putting themselves through for the past six seasons.

I like the Southern intern who was introduced in this week's episode. I hope we'll see a lot more of him in the future. Honestly, I've been waiting for an intern who'll stay around on the show for every episode instead of once every few episodes. It's been over three seasons since Zach. Have one of these interns be a steady part of the team.

3. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Most of the squinterns are fairly extreme personalities, excepting maybe Wendell, and the new guy is no different.

I wonder if they'll get Zack released somehow, before the show ends.

And Hodgins seems to have a major attitude towards someone each season or so. Last year it was that guy who sold him a lemon when he was younger, this week it was "Opie".

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Zack still helped the killer, he isn't innocent, he should still be locked up. That Storyline is over, and I'm glad we finally moved on.

This season has been fun, because it got rid of all the annoyingness of the last few seasons and we jump right into the new world.

5. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I like that Bones and Booth are finally together, but I hope there's not too much baby stuff. I'm kinda overloaded on that as my friends just had a baby recently.

6. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like the show and never miss it, but it has its cons. The main thing for me is the main character - I really find Brennan annoying as hell! There are times I can't STAND the way she talks.

I also think the baby and the relationship was rather sudden. years of will they/won't they (which is annoying in itself), finally settling on "they won't," then all of a sudden she's knocked up and he's the father! there was no previous hint that the night they spent cuddling went any further than cuddling. They rushed it because Emily is really pregnant, I know.

That aside, the show is fun, the cases are fun, and I absolutely LOVE Hodgens' and Angela's relationship. I love watching them together.

On another note, having read Kathy Reichs Bones books, I really can't understand why the show has NOTHING in common with the books. Brennan is completely different, and none of the background or other characters are the same at all.

7. Ar-Pharazon

^ How many shows or movies really stay true to the books (or comics) they're based on?

I like that they have a group of actors that seem to have a really good chemistry together. It's the main reason I watch the show.

Otherwise, it's just "what kind of person was killed this week and how and who did it?" That is, aside from the "kinda" arcs, like the Gravedigger, Broadsky, Gorgonzola & Max.

I don't watch any other procedural shows except, once in a great while, L&O UK, simply because I never got the same vibe as I do from Bones.

8. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree that the actors have great chemistry, I noticed that from the very first episode. It's really great when that sort of TV magic happens.

And yes, I know Zack isn't completely innocent, but he is not guilty of murdering someone, so his sentence would be greatly reduced. And he is not actually crazy, as Sweets found out, which means that he does not belong in an asylum. So it feels like an unresolved story to me. Also, just the fact that Sweets has had this knowledge but hasn't told anyone else could be cause for some dramatic tension when/if the others find out.

As for the new intern, I agree that they definitely needed to bring someone new in for that position, even if only another rotating intern, but I actually didn't like this guy at all. His accent and mannerisms just irritated me. It seemed way over-exaggerated and phony, but I've never been to the South, so maybe people really do act that way. Either way it annoyed me.

9. Saxman1

Saxman1 Commodore Commodore

Brennan annoying? As my wife points out, she'd make a wonderful Vulcan! She's the female Spock! Love it!

10. Forbin

Stay true? This one didn't even start OUT true. They threw the books away and made it all up from scratch. The show has NOTHING to do with the books except the name of the main character, and her occupation. Hey, I like the show and most of the people too, I'm just sayin', I wonder why they strayed so far.

11. Ar-Pharazon

Y'know, I never read the books, so I have no idea outside of what the credits say "based on the book(s)"

Even something like X-Men, with the long history of the comics, was kind of an amalgam of the overall history. Still good though.

12. Forbin

Just briefly, in the books: Brennan is 40-ish, divorced, has a daughter in college. She works out of a North Carolina university. During the summer, she transfers to the Montreal police and lives and works up there. The books alternate between NC and Montreal. She has an on/off relationship with a Canadian detective. Neither of her bosses is a hot chick. None of the supporting characters are the same as the TV show. Brennan herself is a normal intelligent person who talks like a normal intelligent person.

13. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Yea that can be annoying. She talked rather robotic like last season and that got on my nerves. They had Emily play it a little over the top there. It's lessened somewhat this season, so that's good. I tend to view it as part of an Asperger's/Autism like thing. Annoying as it may be, it's going to be there.

*This coming from a person (myself) who has Asperger's or is on the Autism scale. I don't talk like that (robotic like), but I can see how it can be harder for her to communicate with others.*

Yep. And they've done a good job with it so far. Any other show, I don't think would have done as good a job in that kind of situation.

Same here, can't wait for this weeks episode :).

14. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love the show and thought about reading the books since they are all aviable on the nook. and now in the books there is a spin off that deals with her daughter and there 2 books into that series. and I love the fact that there are keeping her kid a girl.

15. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

Things that work in books often aren't as effective in another medium. I have read all her books in this series and I have no problem with the way the show has been re-imagined. These characters are just as interesting and maybe more engaging to me as the characters in the books. It is funny though, that a person who doesn't relate to other people or social conventions very well (Dr. Brennan at the Jeffersonian) is a successful author.

16. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would love to see her meet and have some kinda disscussion with sheldon from the big bang theory.