Voyager Deathmatch!!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Jetfire, Jul 29, 2010.

1. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Go with Kira.

That would be one hell of a fight.

2. Adm_Hawthorne

Adm_Hawthorne Admiral Admiral

Oh heck yes! They're both tenacious with no nonsense attitudes when it comes to survival.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Dancing Doctor is most likely tap dance on Janeway's face till she's out the other side.

Did we see her in that fight class that one time? Lower Decks maybe?

4. Udat

Udat Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I`m not buying it! Your physically attracked to both and I suspect you might enjoy watching them wrestle in mud.....:devil::p

5. Adm_Hawthorne

Actually, I'm not attracted to Bev at all. She doesn't do a thing for me.

6. Udat

Udat Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Really?

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

If a inter-series match happened...

Seven Of Nine & Tasha Yar...I would be rooting for Seven but both are great. :)

Picard & Picardo...EMH Mark I "The Doctor" :lol:

Why didn't they just call him Mark?

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Because that was Janeway's France's name.

It would have confused her on the inside.

She would have been sleeping with him after a month using the EMH as a substitute finance.

9. henbane

henbane Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Ohhh I'm sorry - I thought the title of the thread was "deathmatch", not b*tch slap fest .... lol

As much as I liked the Janeway character, she was not a physical combat orientated character. Yes, yes they did get her to do a few physical things but they were never convincing - not like Seven or Be'Lanna (if Janeway was really a convincing fighter do you really think they wouldn't have made better use of this trait??).

10. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Luckily, I'm easy to convince. :)

Captains like Janeway, like Picard, were scientists and diplomats who usually tried to talk their way out of a situation if at all possible. When that didn't work, they resorted to photon torpedos, phasers and tricobalt devices and left a lot of the fistacuffs fighting to others. To them, "hand to hand" meant "my phaser to your phaser".

Speaking of phasers... IMO any scene where Janeway got to tote her compression phaser rifle around (The Chute) was a good scene.

Still, I do love it when she was physical with the Storm troopers in "Resistance", or the macroviruses in "Macrocosm". I did especially like her take down of the alien in the brig during "Scientific Method" or the BORG in unimatrix zero 1 . (Lets play "Clue" Captain Janeway in the unimatrix with a bat'leth)

:cool:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  11. Adm_Hawthorne

Captain's don't normally become involved in hand-to-hand combat by the time they make it that far in the Fleet career path. So, no, even if she fit your profile of 'physical', she still would not have seen a great deal of combat time.

That being said, "bitch slap"... really?. :borg:

12. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Janeway-Seven Of Nine-B'Elanna-Kes...

Tickle Fight! :devil:

:drool:

13. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Oh? Kirk had plenty of hand-to-hand combat. And who can forget the scene in DS9 when Sisko finally had enough of Q's shenanigans: "You hit me! Picard never hit me!"

Why not get Kirk, Picard, Sisko, and Janeway in a fight (young, TOS-series era Kirk, not movie-era Kirk). Of course, we know Kirk's shirt would rip first. But whose else would you like to see torn? :devil:

Or do they just make captains' uniforms out of stronger material in the 24th century? :p

14. Adm_Hawthorne

Well, I'd say that Kirk is not in my reference point. As has been stated in every series from TNG forward, Kirk's time was different and things were rougher then.

I think Kirk and Sisko would be a good match, but this is a Voyager thread. As such, I'd say Kirk and Janeway would be interesting watch. Season 3 TOS Kirk and season 7 Janeway.

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I am not sure how it would happen...

Neelix & Tuvix!!! :evil:

:vulcan:

16. henbane

Kirk, Sisko and Archer were all scrappers (fighters) - and if my memory serves me correctly, they were all Captains too, so I don't agree with the sentiment that StarFleet captains didn't engage in hand-to-hand combat. The two exception are Picard and Janeway - even Kate Mulgrew has stated that Janeway wasn't a "physical" kind of character (ie atlete, fighter etc).

17. Adm_Hawthorne

No, I said that Captain's of Janeway's time period don't usually engage in hand-to-hand combat.

But, Janeway had fought in a war, and she'd been captured by the Cardassians and fought her way out. She could more than hold her own. The character, not Kate. Kate made up her on personal, internal storyline for Kathryn. So, what Kate says off screen about Janeway isn't always true-to-form when it comes to what Kathryn is actually capable of.

It's fine if you don't like Janeway, henbane. But must you ruin every bit of fun regarding her?

18. henbane

Totally uncalled for Adm!

If you read my posts properly you would see that I do like Janeway - she was the best Star Trek Captain - I just don't think she is God-like. Besides I am entitled to my opinions - just as you are entitled to yours. It's rather sad that you see opinions written by others that don't fit your mental image as "ruining your fun regarding her".

I respectfully suggest that you become less defensive of your opinions and develop a little tolerance of how others see and read the Janeway character - nothing is absolute.

19. Adm_Hawthorne

You're right, nothing is absolute. The "bitch slap fest" put me on the defensive since it is a negative connotation in my part of the world.

However, I chose not to escalate this any further in a public thread.

Sorry for the offense.

======================

Seska and B'Elanna

My money is on Seska.

20. Jonny

Jonny Commander Red Shirt

seven vs the borg queen

I'll go for the borg queen lol