Superman and Batman to join forces with Islamic superheroes

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dusty Ayres, Jul 30, 2009.

1. darkwing_duck1

darkwing_duck1 Vice Admiral

The Nick Fury situation is a case of ONLY the re-engineer being propagated forward. Do you honestly expect the white Fury to ever appear in LA movies or TV shows after this?

2. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

You can put the blame for THAT squarely on the shoulders of David Hasslehoff.

3. darkwing_duck1

For a shoe-string budget film on a (at the time) "off brand" network, I thought the film was pretty good.

4. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

So by that standard, we can have super-villains who are members of most of those right-wing Christofacist morons that make up about 50% of the American population, and that also participate in terrorism in the next issue of the Avengers or in this team-up book, too...:vulcan::rolleyes:

5. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

The Purifiers in X-Men and its assorted spinoffs would fit that bill already.

6. darkwing_duck1

So you consider all self-professing Christians to be "Christofacist"...interesting. Prove to me that ALL self-professing Christians are of the violent extreme...

Also Crusader (Thor villain), and the Watchdogs (Avengers villains). More recent allegedly Chrisitian villains include the Catholic Church itself vis a vis Magdalena (Top Cow) and multiple teams in the Image/Wildstorm universe. I posted a link back up thread to a site that examined the religious affiliations of "villains" in comics.

7. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

More like on the shoulders of the producer, writer, & director, not on Hasslehoff. Plus, Marvel should have adapted Nick Fury, Agent Of S.H.I.E.L.D as a live-action show a long time ago (in the '70's & '80's) instead of wasting time trying to bring Spider-Man & the Hulk to TV when the SFX tech wasn't there to make it truly work.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009