Terminator-219 "Today Pt2/TLVOTJC Pt2" - Discuss/Grade

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Mar 19, 2009.

?

Grade "TITDP2; TLVOTJC"

1. "I'll be back." (Excellent)

51 vote(s)
    73.9%
  2. "Come with me if you want to live." (Above Average)

14 vote(s)
    20.3%
  3. "Thank you for explaining." (Average)

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. "If we stay the course we're dead! We're all dead!" (Below Average)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. "You are TERMINATED!" (Poor)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Which was, of course, a really great scene.

2. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Excellent episode. The best so far. It was nice to see John actually step up to the plate and finally show a glimmer of leadership that he's so famous for in the future.

For what it's worth I think Jesse is still alive.

3. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

Moreso than the deathly dull sarah-centric episodes previously though.

I dont just mean action as in explosions and fights, but scenes where they did stuff, like John confronting Jessie, Derek confronting her. The future scenes. All much much better than scene after scene of Srah being "crazy".

4. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I think the problem with this show is Sarah Connor's character. It's too bad this couldn't have been called the John Connor Chronicles (rights issues, I believe). Maybe we could have gotten rid of her...

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

You also had the T-1000 spear a crewman, the mutineers attack Jesse, Jesse destroying Queeg, the T-1000 zipping through the ship, and the sub coming apart . . . .

That's all pretty lively!

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

It's not just literal fighting scenes but the tension of the potential as well, the scenes on the sub when they can be attacked at any moment... the scenes with Jesse when you don't know if they're going to kill her or not... much better than Sarah hallucinating various scenarios ;)

7. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

I've lost people close to me, and I've been able to at least hold it together while other people were around, and then I'd cry in private. Even if I had cried publicly, I wouldn't bawl or put my head on my mom's lap, especially at the age of 17. The worst part is that this wasn't even when he found out. At this point an outburst seems like too much, especially for someone that's supposed to be legendary.

The best way to portray John would've had him cry in private, or hell, even when he was over Riley's body. That would've worked a lot better for me. His bawling and putting his head on Sarah's lap made the "set of balls that he found" instantly shrivel.

8. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

you ever been in a really traumatic situation? it can be days before the reality "hits" you, alot came down on John at once, and the ending scene was the first time John had to really take it all in and let it settle

9. Ryan8bit

If by traumatic you mean a loved one dying (which is the case here), then yes, I do believe I already mentioned that.

10. NX74205

NX74205 Captain Captain

I kinda agree with this post. Lena Hadley's portrayal of Sarah Connor is just meh IMO as she adds no gravity to the character. I also think that it is funny that almost every Sarah centered episode has been middling and no where near great, where most of the episodes which feature John or anyone else for that matter have been a whole lot better. The writers really need to figure out what they are going to do with her character IMO, as crazy Sarah doesn't work for me and she hasn't had the strongest episodes to date. In truth, her character is almost superfluous at this point, she gave birth to John and taught him how to fight, she is no longer needed in the universe.

11. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

There are supposed to be three deaths by Season's end so you may get your wish...

12. Ryan8bit

I doubt Sarah will be the one to go, otherwise they shouldn't have named the show after her. I never understood naming the show after her anyways when the overall story is about John becoming a leader.

13. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

As said above: rights issues and confusion fears. The New John Connor Chronicles were a novel series.

14. witchie

witchie Commodore Commodore

Could they name it the Connor Chronicles? I'd miss Sarah, but the show really should be about John.

15. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Cameron Chronicles :D

16. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

possibly because we see mostly everything from sarah's perspective and how she will do whatever it takes, so that he does become leader. but who knows.

17. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

I call that "drama." :p

18. NX74205

NX74205 Captain Captain

3 deaths or three more deaths? If it is three deaths total, we have already seen Riley bite the bullet and possibly jesse. That could be two right there. The Third is definitely the T-1000, IMO. I honestly don't think that Sarah is going anywhere, as was mentioned previously.

19. Wouter2

Wouter2 Captain Captain

If Jesse was the second (or alluded to as the second, even if she is alive, which I think she is) then
    Charlie is the 3rd. I think the T1001 is fairly safe, and it would hardly be "the dead of a loved one" (loved by whom, JH??)

20. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

I say that Jesse lived, that Charlie is the second to die and Cameron the third