NFL Discussion - 2013 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

You're forgiven. ;)

San Diego? Hell no. Any AFC team who gets in the way of Peyton this year is on my shit list. Especially SmoothieX's Patriots. Carolina I wouldn't mind being the Broncos' opponent in Super Bowl XLVIII.

I wasn't actually rooting for the Saints, but that was one bonehead play. WTF? Just go out of bounds! I mean, all that the Saints needed to go their way probably still would not have, but at least they would still have a shot at it.

Oh, and who else thinks the 10-second run-off rule is both stupid and a chicken shit way to end a game, especially one that was so closely contested?

2. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Commodore Commodore

Hey now, its not our fault Peyton always blows it in the postseason. :p

Go SD. Go Pats.

3. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

I'm totally on the bandwagon. Such a tremendously impressive team. The Patriots unfortunately also looked really strong yesterday, but the Seahawks have been, from everything I've seen this year, undoubtedly the most consistently dominant team.

And my mancrush on Lynch almost equals that on Cam Newton. ;)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  4. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I've read some great analysis on his postseason losses, and while he's made mistakes (what QB hasn't? No one is perfect) he's largely the reason those teams were even in position to win in the first place. The supporting cast doesn't do him any favors in the post season (Rahim Moore, anyone?).

This actually brings up something I was thinking about the other day. Tom Brady begins his career with 3 Super Bowl wins in his first four seasons, and has gone 9 seasons since without a Super Bowl win. He's largely riding on the coattails of his past success. If Petyon Manning somehow won this season and then again in one of the next two seasons, would that have an impact on the legacy of both quarterbacks? Its a stretch for that to happen, and dominos have to fall in place, but what's more important: winning one at the beginning of your career when you're just a piece of the puzzle, or winning one at the end when the team is built around you?

5. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

You make a point, let's hope it never hits 10.

6. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Shit, looks like the 49ers are winning. :(

7. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Hahaha the guys on CBS NFL Today talking about quarterbacks, and saying that unless you win a Super Bowl you're not allowed in the conversation. Meanwhile, Marino sitting over there with a tear in his eye...

EDIT: To his credit, he tried to get Boomer Esiason to help him out. Boomer to Collinsworth's broken up pass in Super Bowl XXIII would have given Boomer a Super Bowl win that season instead of Montana.

8. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

9. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

That was some high quality trolling from Kaepernick today. Busting out Superman before kissing the tattoos. The Panthers looked good but seemed more interested in running their mouths than winning four quarters.

10. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm betting you're talking about this article/ I thought it was a very interesting read as well. That is about as crappy luck as any team or QB can have on a regular basis.

I'm extremely happy about Denver moving on! When the the Chargers managed to pull it back to within one score, I was having flashbacks to the Baltimore game and was confident Denver would find a way to lose it. Glad they held on.

I hope Quentin Jammer doesn't play next week against the Patriots. He has done nothing but get his ass beaten like a fucking pinata all season. Everytime he's in, he gets burned badly and regularly. Brady will not wait until the fourth quarter to start victimizing him.

11. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Niners are going back to Seattle. It seemed like the inevitable match up since week 2 of the season, and it's appropriate that it's these two teams in the championship game. It's going to be hard, it's going to be loud, but I hope the 49ers find a way to get it done.

Go Niners.

12. Use of Time

Pretty good set of playoff games so far but I'm really excited about the final matchups we ended up with. You couldn't ask for better storylines going into the conference championships.

13. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Neither could the NFL. I bet they are absolutely loving this, and any two teams in the Super Bowl would be a great match up.

14. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

I, for one, have no desire to endure a week of "Brady v. Manning IV" blabbering leading up to the game (it's already all over my Twitter stream), and the on-air masturbation that will accompany it. Jim Nantz is actually going to have an orgasm live on national television, mark my words.

Given that every Seahawks fan I've ever met is an insufferable shitlord, I'm tired of seeing the 49ers in the NFCCG, the Patriots are the Patriots ... fuck it, go Broncos, Champ Bailey deserves a ring. (They're going to get demolished next week.)

15. Use of Time

Well shit. I'm...sorry? :shrug: I'm hoping for a Broncos run as well though.

16. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

San Diego at least made it interesting at the end.

God I hate the 49ers so much.

Go Seahawks, I guess...

17. SmoothieX

"You do prefer it this way, don't you? As it was meant to be. No peace in our time."

18. AliciaD496

AliciaD496 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Having lived in Seattle for nearly seven years I don't think I've ever seen the city quite THIS excited about football. People are dressed up in jerseys ALL THE TIME now. Used to be just 'Blue Fridays' before games but it's 24/7 right now.

It should be interesting to watch the 49ers play the 'Hawks for the THIRD time this season, and it IS interesting that both the championship teams come from the NFC west. I just hope Wilson can finally find a way to actually MOVE the ball sometime. Defense is all well and good, but ya gotta score some points some time too! Seriously though I love Russell Wilson, but he is only in his sophomore year and he needs some work I think.

And of course...GO SEAHAWKS!

19. SmoothieX

I'm surrounded by Vikings fans. Actually, it's all people that relocated here, so there's fans of every team around. Still waiting to meet a Pats fan or a Mets fan though...

20. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I'll be rooting for the Seahawks for as long as they last, mainly because of Pete Carroll's USC connection. Harbaugh seems to have a real hard-on for Pete since the USC/Stanford days. Probably because of those ass kickings he took from SC in the Rose Bowl back when he played for Michigan.

The 49'ers though, do look like they are on a mission. But this time they are playing a defense that is just as good as theirs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.