Castle Season 5 (including Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by FPAlpha, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

This was another poor episode that made Castle look like a complete arse.

If I were Beckett I would be considering dumping him for being an untrusting, neurotic manchild, not because she doesn't know where they are "going".

2. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why do women always want to know where they're going?

3. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Better than last week's episode, but it still made Castle look like a buffoon. As with the others, I didn't see anything in this week's episode that would have referenced next week's clip show (allegedly) so I don't think the out of order airing is a big deal.

4. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

At least he looked like a buffoon over something plausible (being afraid some richer, handsomer guy would steal Beckett away) as opposed to what he's been looking like a buffoon about other weeks. Baby steps... :p

5. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Yeah, most of the last few episodes have been sub-standard. Yet, there were elements here that I liked.

One... the real "threat" here - Vaughn - is a pretty good guy, leaving out the fact he insistently put the moves on another guy's girl. He was not the villain, which would have been an all too common and overused plot device.

Two... Castle does seem to have a tendency to be a bit immature and taking Beckett for granted. Consequently, this kind of rift is bound to occur. Of course... once again the guy in the relationship is again the one "at fault".

BTW... how do you pronounce Ioan Gruffudd's name?

6. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Yo-wan Griffith.

Gotta love the Welsh language. :lol:

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm watching the animated movie Superman: Unbound.

Stana is playing Lois Lane.

Molly is playing Supergirl.

I wonder if they planed to spend their holiday together?

8. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's likely they never saw each other. In animation, you take the job and then go into a sound studio booked by the producers. You sit alone with a director, doing several takes. It may take two or three days. After they get all the recordings they mix it together. Sometimes you go in for re-takes.

It's rare for more than one person to record at one time, but it can happen.

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Actually, WB Animation productions like this, and others with Andrea Romano as the voice director, often do get the performers to record together in a group whenever possible. Although I saw a preview feature for this and I think they showed the actors recording separately.

As for this week's episode, I didn't recognize the guy who turned out to be the killer, but somehow I was able to guess he'd be the killer, or at least might be, just from the way the camera focused on him when he first appeared, the way it went out of its way to give him a close-up and call him to our attention.

And I find it amusing that Ioan Gruffudd was basically playing Reed Richards, a genius inventor-billionaire. Well, if Reed were a celebrated womanizer instead of an uber-nerd. Maybe Tony Stark is a better analogy.

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Fantastic Four Movie brought out the worst in everyone.

I had absolutely no expectations with Ioan that from time to time in Ringer he surprised the hell out of me.

11. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lately the killer has always been the first person they question who doesn't have an obvious motive.

12. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'm not even sure about the "lately." I have the vague sense that it's often been that way from the start.

13. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Probably true, but it's become a running joke on our couch when we race to blurt out "They're guilty!!" the first time they open their mouths. ;)

14. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a majority of the time, we've met the killer before the title card. I've observed this since the second season.

15. Forbin

Well, since the title card doesn't show up until the end of act 1, 15 minutes into the show, that's not much of a stretch. :)

16. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

You seem to spend a lot of time watching things that haven't been released yet. :shifty:

17. TimmyWl

TimmyWl Commodore Commodore

Today's episode was really great. Even though the bomber story was a bit weak, the banter and the clips made up for it. I really liked how the Captain revealed that she knew that Beckett and Castle were seeing each other.

18. Forbin

"You think I'm an idiot?!" :lol:

I loved the music during the dramatic and romantic flashbacks.

And yes, a dizzying array of hairstyles!

And I really saw nothing requiring viewing this one in order with last week's.

19. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

ONLY bit that didn't work out of order was Beckett questioning "where they were going" in the relationship at the end of last week's, but everything's great and ends well in this one...

20. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

I don't care at all for clip shows... but this one was fun. I even enjoyed the plot created to tie together all of the clips. And yes... it's been our impression that the killer is just what LaxScrutiny and Christopher said: the killer is the first (or nearly so) person we so with no apparent motive for the crime.

Even with its lapses (such as the aforementioned seeming Castle buffoonery) I still enjoy this show very much.