What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^If you really want it, I think the windows version is only a fiver on Amazon...and a tenner on Steam for some bizarrely counter-intuitive reason (not having a box is twice as expensive now?)

Though you can't transfer your save to your PS3, I think there are some tools out there that'll let you recreate your custom face in ME2 and IIRC the PS3 version has a little intro comic thing that lets you pick and choose the "big" decisions from ME1.

[edit]^Partially ninja'd[/edit]

..incidentally, today I have been playing Mass Effect! ;)

2. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

Yeah the fact that Yvonne is in the game is totally awesome. Make sure you play with a male character so you can hook up with her character. ;)

Btw, ME2 is totally awesome. :D

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Doesn't do me much good on my MacBook. Plus, I hate playing games on computers.

4. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

I recently got my hands on Deus Ex: Game of the Year edition for the PC and I've been having a blast with it, although it's definitely not a game for the impatient, especially if you choose to go with a stealth build :lol: I'm absolutely loving it though. Human Revolution is definitely on my to-buy list before the year ends.

5. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

I recently revisited Sid Meier's Gettysburg and Sid Meier's Antietam. Fun stuff: I'd forgotten how much fun it was to watch little brigades of men shooting at each other. The interface is too mouse-dependent for me, though. (I'm always having to move the mouse to the top of the screen, wait for the menu options to appear, and then click around to get what I want. Breakway games improved this when they adopted the engine for Waterloo and Austerlitz.

[​IMG]
    My initial troops, having driven off an opposing rebel force, are now being slightly outmaneuvered by reinforcements. (That was my doing, as I diverted a regiment to destroy the rebel artillery. This left my lines short.) Fortunately I have a brigade of fresh troops of my own. Together my two brigades will utterly ruin the slaver adversary.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I never got around to playing anything over the long Labor Day weekend, but I'm planning to start Mass Effect 2 this Friday.

7. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Have fun. :D

8. tommig

tommig Cadet Newbie

I´m playing Castlevania:Lord of Shadoes on the xbox 360 and Torchlight on the 27" iMac (so great display ;) ). The next game i´ll get will be probably Gears of War 3 or Deus Ex.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  9. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just started playing Warhammer 40K: Space Marine on PC. Really fun so far!

10. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Playing Space Marine on PS3. Had to restart after I realised that I'd not been playing on my profile.

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

^How is that game? It looked neat.

12. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I'll try and get in some more Dead Space (PS3) today.

Maybe. If my roomies let me :p

13. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just finished playing Call of Duty: Black Ops and finally finished Modern Warfare 2 in anticipation of MW3. I also decided I'd try out World at War since I've had it and it's been collecting dust. God damn, Treyarch is no Infinity Ward. I don't know how you can make World War II dull and boring.

14. Lowdarzz

Lowdarzz Captain Captain

I've been playing through Gears of War on hardcore difficulty for the past couple months. I've finally made it to General RAAM but he's kicking my rear every time.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I started playing Mass Effect 2 an hour or so ago, and so far, I am not impressed. I don't know what I was expecting, but I'm having a really hard time getting into it. The controls seem very clumsy (this whole Power Wheel thing is a pain in my ass), and I'm a little annoyed by the constant stopping and starting every time I need to have a conversation.

I hope I just need to get used to it, but so far, I'm just really wishing I could be playing Uncharted 3.

16. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Resistance 3. Finished my first playthrough on Normal, and am six chapters into doing it on Superhuman. Very good game.

17. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Took a break from Just Cause 2 to play through Alan Wake over a couple of evenings - that was good. Feel the urge for a spot of racing now, so I think some NFS Shift...

18. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

Portal 2 co-op
    Call of Duty 2

19. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Would you say it's worth a play for someone who hasn't played either of the first two games? And also ... does the coop feel fun?

20. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, definitely. There are cinematics at the beginning that summarise the story so far, so you'll know what's going on. I would recommend playing the first two, as they are very good games themselves, but it's not essential to enjoying this one.

Dunno, not played co-op yet. Completed the game on Superhuman today, but I want to go through again just to pick up the few remaining SP trophies first.