Doctor/Seven Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Acorntree144, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Drone

Drone Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

As was said previously, generally Harry seemed more inclined to want to build up a relationship substanively and thoughtfully, over shared interests and sympathies, and definitely not directed by a programme of flash, braggadocio, and "game". I think the fact that we are able to make light of his efforts because it suited the writers that there should be a symmetry between his service and romantic advancements, should not obscure a recognition that the way he approached and dealt with others was pretty laudable. We can only speculate, but Harry likely looked to his parents as a model for how a relationship should work.

Though its conclusion didn't exactly need to be spelled out, Harry could be bold and definitive as when, probably after a number of false steps over time, he unequivocally set his feelings out to Lyndsay Ballard before her second and truly permanent departure. But as always, time and circumstance were not in his favor. Ah yes..... time and circumstance. :sigh:

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

So.. sweaters?

3. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

It's a pairing I never cared for. Nice manips though.

4. Lord Manitou

Lord Manitou Commander Red Shirt

Remember Doctor/Seven Thread

The doctor would never profess being in love with Seven. Personal priorities I suppose. And the same for Seven. Just as Acorntree144 said, there affair started with 'Someone to Watch Over Me' One should remember he tutored Seven through 'Unimatrix 0', even to a greater degree than an understanding Captain Janeway.

5. Acorntree144

Acorntree144 Ensign Red Shirt

I didn`t think this would be a discussion about Seven and Harry.
    Actually I just want to share my work and find other supporters of this pairing.

Since I have many 7/D manips, it would take very long to post them all in here, so I put a link to my Star Trek folder:
    http://acorntree144.deviantart.com/gallery/46559020
    I would like your oppinion.

PS: teacake, thank you for your help with the video.
    Here is another one:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGuAeD2UG5o[/yt]

6. teacake

Acorn the shipping threads will always morph into discussing other possibilities. It's organic.

That's quite a few manips you have! You know what would have been excellent, if Ryan and Picardo had been in something else together, would have given the vidders a lot to work with. Of course W13 fans have been hoping for Ryan and Mulgrew to get even one scene together.. that would have set the internet on fire.

7. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Or Jeri would have set fire to Mulgrew's dressing room. ;)

8. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I always thought of the Doctor and Seven's relationship as a mentor and a pupil. Though I never liked Seven's pairing with Chuckles, out of the rest of the main cast, Chuck is the best choice.

9. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

It's not unheard of for a teacher to fall in love with a student, but pursuing those affections is, shall we say, a very French thing to do. It's unethical and it leads to the teacher having the majority of the power in the relationship. Just like Bashir and Serena could never have really been equals in a relationship, neither could Doctor and Seven. Seven needed to develop her sexuality on her own terms, not just reciprocate the first affection directed toward her. Maybe if they went separate ways and met again years later.

Heh, I can see that meeting. "Doctor, you are very kind. But I could never love a man with a personality."

10. Drone

Drone Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

CARDIGANS!!!! :lol:

11. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Guess that explains Seven/Chakotay....

12. Acorntree144

Sky and Sea:
    [​IMG]

13. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I was watching "Timeless" just now due to another thread, and there's another moment supporting a Doctor/Seven relationship.

During the celebration over slipstream drive modifications, Seven becomes drunk on syntheholic champagne. The Doctor is concerned and tries to get her to sit down. Seven realizes he's looking out for her and goes into her "We are one!" routine.

This even seems to predate "Someone to Watch Over Me".

14. teacake

Acorn that's great! I'm enjoying 7 in that dress, so unlike her and yet so attractive.

I love that scene Melakon!

Here it is, though I've seen it a hundred times I laughed out loud right now watching it again :lol:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCp-Wv-frBU[/yt]

15. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

OMS! Loving this! :adore:

16. Acorntree144

Thank you so much!:)

17. Melakon

After watching TOS: The Way to Eden yesterday, I began wondering if Seven had the memories of some space hippies some 100 years earlier. They also gave great significance to the concept of Oneness.

18. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Nothing can explain Seven/Chakotay. :rommie:

Except that Beltran wanted to make out with Jeri Ryan maybe.

19. Melakon

I've always thought it was the producers' way of telling Beltran to kwitchyerbitchen.

20. Lord Manitou

Lord Manitou Commander Red Shirt

I don't think Chakotay/Seven had difficulty with their affairs. Even then they are both naturally endowed. In 'Human Error' she is finally relieved and her search for paradise is resolved.