Deck Plans V: The Not-So-Final Go Around

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Captain Robert April, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

Just got through sprucing up what I've got so far, and seeing what I've got left to do.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As it stands, this is going to be the final format for the things. Sheet 9 has that extra space on the left for the areas in the neck that I need to do layouts for.

And, no, Deck 6 is far from finished. As I stated before, the only reason the FJ stuff is there is to provide some consistent guidelines. As it stands, corridors and turboshafts are going to have to substantially rearranged, quarters reconfigured...in other words, nothing is staying the same. It's just a placeholder, so if anyone else in inclined to squeal "YOU'RE JUST RIPPING OFF FJ!", there's your explanation. Deal with it.

2. Captain Robert April

3. Brannigan

Brannigan Commander Red Shirt

Ill comment Captain, as Ive been following the various incarnations of this thread. I like the work, even if I dont agree with some of your ideas (the sunken bridge and the two engine rooms, for example). However I do look forward to seeing you complete these deck plans and, with your permission, would like to borrow a couple of ideas for my own deck plans (that are currently on hold due to grad school). I mean of course the idea for the torpedo room and the impulse engine room. good work.

4. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nothing negative from me, I'm open to all interpretations.

I haven't been following along, but I love the "subspace antenna" interpretation of the cylinder behind the bridge, eliminating it from the turbolift argument! :)

5. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

While I don't agree with some of your interpretations in the deck plans and bridge arrangement :wtf: , I do have to commend you on some excellent work. The drawings are very nice. The time, effort and talent that has gone into creating them is very apparent. Nice job! :thumbsup:

Q2UnME

6. ancient

ancient Vice Admiral Admiral

EDIT: lol, now I seem to have f***ed up the edit feature.

My post is below.

7. ancient

ancient Vice Admiral Admiral

Great work, CRA. No specific comments yet, other than that I like the ideas you have for fitting everything into that sexy but angry outer hull, lol.

Reguarding your comment in the other thread about the AMT-class ship, if you haven't made up your mind already, how about 'San Francisco Class'?

btw, this board is pissing me off, I haven't been able to access it in several days, lol.

8. Captain Robert April

Yeah, I thought someone had hacked the place for a while...

9. candida

candida Fleet Captain

Me too. Made me grin broadly. Hate with a passion 2 engine rooms - still reckon in my mind that "forced" perspective wasn't - but in awe of the work. This is what makes the Internet so much fun.

10. Captain Robert April

To be perfectly honest, I'm not all that crazy about the two engine room setup; I put it in as a joke and fully intended to yank it and replace it with something else, but it just works too damn well to chuck it.

I also still need to get rid of that emergency bridge and replace it with a head.

11. RedDwarfStarbug

RedDwarfStarbug Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Wasn't this thread locked?

12. Four Mad Men

Four Mad Men Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I know you're not supposed to feed the trolls and I'm prepared to take a warning for this. First my apologies upfront to CRA for the outburst in his thread (and additional apologies to Ptrope)...

Look let the man have ONE thread that doesn't end up locked. You don't like him or the project, fine. But for heavens sake stop that kind of garbage. Nothing to contribute? Then by all means stay the hell out of this thread. I mean how old are you? Five?

13. Four Mad Men

Four Mad Men Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's been a long road CRA. I can't agree with everything you've done but I can appreciate the effort. Looks good.

14. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This has been a long time going. Nice job.

When are you going to switch from bitmap to vector?

Inkscape is about to have a substantial update, and this, looks very interesting. And of course you could go BUY and app. :)

Keep up the good work. Ignore the flame bait. (Please!)

15. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice to see some work actually appear here, keep it up CRA! :D
    [​IMG]

16. FrontLine

FrontLine Nekkid Hedonistic Ethical Slut Admiral

CRA like others, I feel that you have some unique interpertations of what has occured but that has never kept me from appreciating the work that you have put into this. Quick question since its been ages since I asked or saw the answer...what base are you using for your interpertation? Are you using the Sinclair drawings as your starting point? Did you start from scratch?

17. Captain Robert April

[​IMG]

Do I look worried?

18. Captain Robert April

The Sinclair drawings (which is why he's credited in the title block on Page 1).

19. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Apology accepted, and you're right, you are going to get the warning. Folks, it is this sort of thing that has gotten previous threads on this topic locked. RedDwarfStarbug, the comment was unnecessary, but it's the response that throws the thread off-kilter. Ignore these sorts of posts, people, if they bother you. Put the poster on "Ignore" if you can't restrain yourself (and keep it to yourself - mention that you've done so, and you get the warning, per the board rules). Captain Robert April's threads are not here to bait trolls, and they're not here to turn into war zones; I don't like locking one after another, but everyone is to blame, the good Captain included, because time after time, none of you seem able to resist the temptation to take personal swipes at one another and then continue to escalate the situation! No single person has done this - it has been a group effort, and I hope you're all proud of yourselves.

It stops here and now, folks. If it doesn't, I will personally ban each and every one of you for no less than 30 days, regardless of whether you have any warnings on your record or not.

This includes any arguments on this topic that I find out about that continue in PMs!

Your otherwise-easygoing mod is getting pissed off, folks. Don't push it.

:mad: :wtf:

20. Captain Robert April

Well, the animated .gif's didn't work, so here's a picture of a kitty cat...

[​IMG]