Would you rather?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by IzzyAtWarp9, Jul 30, 2013.

1. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

The Gorns, at least they're humanoid.

Would you rather have Geordie, Paris, or O'brien make your holodeck program?

2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

That's a tough one. Paris and O'Brien would both make adventure stories, but Paris' would be goofy and stylized and O'Brien's would be dark and masochistic. I'll go with O'Brien's.

The Dominion invades your planet. Do you fight back and probably die in a blaze of defiance, or do you surrender your freedom and live on as a conquered people?

3. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Live as a conquered person. I think the Dominion are reasonable if you suck up to them.

Also, your question was close enough but they have to be Would You Rather questions.

Would you rather be a civilian living on the Enterprise D or Deep Space Nine?

4. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but I think that question could have easily phrased as a 'Would you rather' question.

Ent D. Out in unexplored regions of the galaxy being among the first humans ever to encounter something. Much more exciting. Also the holodecks are free, and there aren't nearly as many thieves and murderers wandering around.

You've been trying for months to find a job and Quark offers you one. Would you rather take it and be able to pay your bills, or continue looking for a job where you'll be treated better?

5. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Continue looking. I'm sure I can find a better job than working for Quark.

Would you rather be cured from TNG's de-evolving virus in Genesis, Voyager's warp 10 evolution side effect (a salamander), or the lizard like virus in Enterprise's Extinction?

6. JD5000

JD5000 Captain Captain

I'm pretty sure the first two choices end in my death, I don't remember the lizard virus from Enterprise so I'll go with ignorance being my best option. Either of the first two, since the end result (me dead) is the same, and as far as I know I have a chance being turned into a lizard.

Would you rather give Tom Paris driving lessons, teach Picard how to wear an adult diaper (when the time comes), or answer Nog's questions about "the birds and the bees"?

PS: In response to the previous WYR question, I would pick DS9, because I could actually leave if I wanted to at just about any chosen time. On the E-D, you're totally stuck until the next time Picard decides to stop somewhere. Even though the conditions on the Enterprise are superior, that wouldn't be a consideration. The claustrophobia would get to me. I've been working in the service industry for most of my adult life. If the Klingon place and the Celestial Cafe wouldn't hire me, I'd probably be working at Quark's. And not really mind it too much.

I'm a Hew-mon that doesn't mind working their ass off for a very low percentage of the profits, Quark would hire me in a heartbeat!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  7. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I'd tell Nog about the birds and bees. Paris would surpass me and I'm definitely not teaching Picard how to wear diapers. I'd just show Nog a video.

Would you rather help Keiko give birth or fight a Gorn?

8. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Help Keiko. It would probably take a Gorn about 3 seconds to kill me.

Would you rather sit through a 2 hour lecture on morality from Picard, Janeway or Sisko?

9. HaventGotALife

HaventGotALife Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Definitely Picard. :bolian:

Would you rather eat Gagh or Plomeek Soup?

10. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Gagh. I always had a feeling that it tastes like chicken... Well, moving chicken.

Would you rather have a vacation on Risa, Betazed, or Bajor?

11. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

Salamander sex with Janeway! Take me above warp 10!

As a business owner, would you rather have no rent, free maintenance and free power like Quark gets OR would you rather work free of regulation but be charged for rent, maintenance and power?

12. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Have it like Quark. As long as you sell what sells, you make money.

Though you're allowed to answer any Question, one of the questions answered has to be the last question asked. That's part of the game.

Re-asking:
    Would you rather have a vacation on Risa, Betazed, or Bajor?

13. auntiehill

Probably Risa. It seems fairly awesome. Bajor is still recovering and rather poor and Betazed---no thanks. I wouldn't want anyone to read my mind.

Would you rather be trapped in a crashed shuttle with TOS Kirk, Riker or Chakotay?

14. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

For want of a better choice, Chakotay, as there might be more "traditional" items in his medicine bundle.

Would you rather be stuck in a shuttle with Worf or Bashir?

If you read the last 63 pages you'll see me not only playing the game well, but also picking up the slack when other posters miss questions.:cardie:

15. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Worf. It'll probably start tense but after awhile, I'd get to here some great glorious stories.

Would you rather be stuck in a shuttle with Spock, Data, Ezri, or Seven of Nine?

16. auntiehill

Data. He'd be the most efficient at 1)keeping my useless ass alive and 2) getting us home.

Would you rather have to work for Worf, Quark or the EMH?

17. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I'd probably disappoint all of them but I'd go with Worf. Quark would annoy me the most and I don't know squat about medicine so I'd be the worst assistant for the Doctor. I may be able to help Worf but anyway, he'd dismiss me the fastest.

Would you rather be rescued from a Romulan camp by Kirk and Spock, Riker and Worf, Sisko and Kira, Janeway and Tuvok, or Archer and T'pol?

18. auntiehill

Riker and Worf, probably. They seem like the strongest team.

Would you rather eat at Ten Forward with Guinan, at Quark's with Quark, or at the Captain's table with Archer?

19. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

eating with Guinan in 10 Forward would rule...yes!!!

Would you rather pull weeds at Star Fleet with Boothby or clean the Enterprise with a Baryon sweep with Wesley?

20. auntiehill

I'd go with the Baryon sweep, only because I REALLY hate pulling weeds.

With whom would you rather play Monopoly? Spock, Data, Quark,the EMH or Phlox?