Klingons in the JJ universe

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by KirksFlyingFist, Nov 14, 2013.

1. KirksFlyingFist

KirksFlyingFist Lieutenant Red Shirt

Does anyone think JJ will do a movie featuring Klingons? I'd be interested to see how he handles them.

2. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

3. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Already done in Into Darkness.

4. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

^ They weren't on screen very long, hardly "featured."

:)

5. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

We only saw one with his helmet off so I would certainly like to see more. I hope the next film features a direct battle with the Klingons.

6. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

We need to see Kirk do a bad ass flying kick on a Klingon in the next movie.

7. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Perhaps the instructor from whom he learned that technique in the prime timeline was killed on the Kelvin--thus depriving the alternate timeline from ever experiencing that particular form of awesomeness. :lol:

8. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

It was definitely the quickest way to get your ass kicked on the playground. :lol:

9. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Bring on the Klingons.:klingon:

I want Lord of the Rings-scale armies of Klingons marching on Federation worlds, with ruined starships falling out of the sky as battle rages above.

Or possibly a Klingon/Borg war, with the Federation caught in the middle.

10. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Naked Klingons?

11. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Did you say the alternate timeline is less awesome?

12. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In a recent comic a group of them was shown all without helmets, they all looked alike. :eek: Same ridges and piercings. Made me think they were all clones.

13. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree.:klingon: :klingon: :klingon: :klingon: :klingon: :klingon: :klingon: :klingon: :klingon: :klingon: :klingon: :klingon:
    While the Enterprise is on it's five year mission...

14. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

Did any of them have hair?

15. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Some of them do in STO #25 The Khitomer Conflict. Looking through that again, however, I cannot find the same frame I was recalling before although the bottom frame of page one is similar. I may have dream't it, or my memory was mistaken, (brainfart.) I'll let you know if I come across it again.

16. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

Klingons are a huge part of Trek, so using them more is to be expected. I enjoyed what we saw of them in the last movie.
    But, Klingons have been used so much thru out so many movies and episodes, I'm just not sure there's a new story left to tell with them. I don't know what JJ could do with Klingons that hasn't already been done.

17. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I second the motion. :klingon:

18. loghaD

loghaD Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm not sure I like what I've seen of the Klingons in JJ-Trek so far; it seems they're going straight for the vikings of TNG, rather than the cunning Klingons of TOS.

That being said, most of the Klingons we've seen thus far (on Rura Penthe in Star Trek XI, and in Ketha in STID) have all been guards, so perhaps it isn't strange that they've been all muscle. The interrogation scene in STXI did feel a bit more ... "Kor:ish", so to speak.

I hope they take some inspiration from John M. Ford's The Final Reflection and the FASA continuity; I feel they really got the Klingons right. Marc Okrand's Klingon for the Galactic Traveler also gives some very interesting cultural insight, though more focused on TNG/DS9 Klingons.

19. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yesterday I saw the Klingon bluray feature (on the Target version of ID), it seems they even considered which of the Klingon languages to use - and to the best of my knowledge there are only two - Okrand's Klingon and Ford's Klingonaase (J.J.: "I made sure to stay as far away from that discussion as possible"). So it's cool they even considered it. I think the heavy cloud cover on Kronos was a definite nod to Ford's version of the Klingon homeworld.

20. Crazy Eddie

Crazy Eddie Vice Admiral Admiral

Part of me wishes they'd base the Klingons a bit more on the Krogan from Mass Effect: you portray them as being hostile and unpleasant, not because they have any sort of imperial/conquering agenda, but just because their culture and institutions are all completely dysfunctional -- even by their standards -- and they simply don't know what else to do with themselves.