February Art Challenge - The Spin-Off / or what became of them

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by The Lensman, Feb 8, 2015.

1. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

While trying to think of a serious challenge I said "screw it, let's try something simple and fun". So your challenge is this: pick any episode of any series or movie.....find the person with the least amount of lines and give them a future. The catch is that they have to have been given a name in the episode they appeared in. So no "Redshirt #6" or "no name guy #14" stuff.

Give that character a spin-off or a future. To make it fun, it doesn't have to be as sci-fi-ish as the series they came from and ideally it would feel different as well. So it could be "This fall Lt. Bob stars as BOB. A gritty street detective in the mean streets of San Francisco (1970's)" or "Lt. Bob sings Opera's greatest hits!"

TV show screencap, Cd cover, DVD \ VHS cover, movie poster, Broadway show, Magazine cover, whatever. Go crazy.

So to sum up: Named person with least amount of lines in an episode, give them some kind of spin-off show or some kind of future career. Don't worry about it meshing with the parent series, just do something fun. Questions or comments below....

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
  2. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

So this is a from a one-episode appearance, or can it be someone who was in more than one but in a usually non-speaking or minimal role?

3. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

What about Mayweather?

4. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

5. B.J.

Now that I've started thinking more about this, I'm having a hard time coming up with a minor character that gets a name and *doesn't* get killed!

6. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

The latter as long as they had a very minimal role. Like how you see that one navigator who replaces Chekov or Data, they get a name, but all they say is "Aye, sir".

BOOM! Headshot! :rofl::techman::rofl::techman:

LOL! Doesn't have to be a crew member, could be ANY character, as long as they have a name and few lines. Could be the guy (if he has a name) that hands the "bad guy" some info, etc.

7. largo

largo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

8. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Here's an example I know I won't use, so it's up for grabs...

Freeman, the character David had hoped to play in "The Trouble with Tribbles". He accompanied Scotty and Chekov to the bar where the fight with the Klingons happened, and he was in the "line up" whom Kirk disciplined.

Sincerely,

Bill

9. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know we haven't voted yet...but could this month's winner have the topic be "tribute to Leonard Nimoy"... so as long as he's in it, it doesn't matter if anything else is Trek related (so if you wanted to do something with his character on Fringe, or Bilbo Baggins, or whatever)

(And maybe have 3 winners this month, and just bragging rights)

I know that request is a little presumptous of me...but thought that might make the most sense...and gives the winner of this month a good month to come up with an idea.

10. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

I was sick this week and didn't get to enter, breaking a streak of many years. :( Good luck to those we do get. :)

11. B.J.

^^ We did the same after Arthur C. Clarke's passing, so I don't think it's too presumptuous.