Storage Wars

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Trekker4747, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Thanks, all set-up to record Barry'd Treasure!

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

First episode was actually more interesting than I expected. Jarrod tells Brandi not everything is good times right now. In fact their store is struggling and losing money.

Brandon's grown a goatee and looks very much like his dad. Jarrod has a full beard as well.

There's also a new title sequence that's shorter.

3. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Noticed that too. I think that, having several main characters drop out and new ones introduced, they didn't want to keep making a whole new montage intro every season, so they shortened it to allow for more show time. Good production decision, IMO.

Poor Jarrod. He really swallowed his ego in front of Brandi on this one, and she seemed to have genuine concern for his plight - a nice departure from her usual sniping at his adequacy and effectiveness as a locker buyer. Although I'm fairly convinced that it's all a fabrication for the show. He didn't want the employees to hear what was going on in the shop, but he was okay with the cameras being in the office and the rest of America knowing that his new shop is failing? I suspect something will happen later on in the season - a "big score" that will serve as a windfall for Jarrod's new store, saving the day at the 11th hour, possibly after a build-up to him potentially wanting to sell it to someone. Just my guess. Brandi is being way too nice to him right now. :lol:

Anyone think that Darrell took the destruction of the RC plane a bit too easy? That was a pristine, near-mint, 4-figure aircraft and Brandon sent it right into the runway pavement. Darrell should have been hopping mad and Brando should have been running for the hills.

Ivy and Stay-Puft (and his vapid wife) continue to thoroughly annoy me, which I'm sure is their reason to be - foils for the show's "heroes". I just wish they weren't so good at their job. And the "honey hole" moment gave me a shiver... :eek:

4. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I feel like the life got sucked out of Storage Wars; it's a shame, but I expected to feel that way.

Liked Barry's show, though. I'll keep tuning in.

5. Admiral_Young

I don't think Darrell cares much anymore frankly. I believe the producers offered him more money to remain on the show and be top billed with Brandi and Jarrod. It looks like one of the season plot's will be Darrell trying to teach Brandon...but we've already seen Brandon on his own a couple of times and been okay.

The series isn't the same at all, I agree. Just don't have that great cast dynamic or the history. Darrell and Rene genuinely do not like each other and have some kind of negative history, they've had twitter "wars" before too. Casey looks like she doesn't want to be there at all.

Barry'd Treasure was great! I hope the ratings are decent enough to give him a second season.

6. Admiral_Young

So after not watching very much this season, I watched tonight's episode...and they stooped so low as to have a Barry look-a-like on! LOL. They even did basically is Barry back promo for this episode. They need to just end this show.

7. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Barry was the heart and soul of the show.

8. Admiral_Young

Yep. I'm wondering if A&E are starting to realize this now. Hopefully they'll give "Barry'd Treasure" a second season.