MLB Season Discussion - 2013

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Mar 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I think they look like dumbasses, but, then again, I think it's kind of stupid to have a pool at a ballpark. I don't think the Diamondbacks have room to care either way. If they didn't want them doing it, they should have prevented the Dodgers from clinching.

2. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Right on!

In other news: Andy Petitte announces his retirement... Again.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Dodger fans love to bring up how the Dbacks mgmt supposedly told them not to celebrate on the field, but they always leave out the part about WHY that happened: to get the fans out (there were a lot of Dodger fans at that game and they didn't want fights breaking out).

And don't even try to tell me that Dodger fans wouldn't be pissed if something like this happened at Dodger Stadium. :lol:

4. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Well, they wouldn't have had a stupid pool to celebrate in, so I'm not sure how the Dodgers could be pissed.

The simple fact remains. You don't want them doing that? Win the game.

5. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Let me remind you of this before anyone starts to feel sorry for the D-Backs.

http://deadspin.com/dodgers-fans-at-chase-field-forced-to-change-clothes-or-472797108

And just to reiterate, the stadium was mostly empty by the time they got in the pool so all the handwringing about fights is unjustified.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

^ In that case, it was Dbacks management - not the players - that was at fault.

7. Use of Time

Obviously, but no matter what happens they are going to celebrate one way or another. They pile up on the pitcher's mound, jump in a pool, etc. It's not like they recorded the last out and then dove in. They went to the lockers popped the champagne. Somebody had an idea to get in the pool. The only people that saw this were the grounds crew and stadium staff. If a few Diamondbacks players ventured out to watch this instead of changing and going home then oh well.

8. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

Dogers celebration.... it was a pool! I think this has been blown out of proportion.

As to my Yankees, long injury riddled season. If you would have told me we'd still technically in it with a week to go at the beginning of the season I would have told you to go have another drink.

I hope we don't slide in because some other team falters. I think we'd just loose in the first round anyways.

So sad to see Mo go. What a class act.

9. Mr. Laser Beam

Joe Girardi deserves to be manager of the year. To have all those injuries tossed in his lap, find a way to deal with them all, and still come out of it with a winning record? Even if the Yankees don't make the playoffs, he still should get the honor.

10. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Agree. If you don't want them jumping in your pool, make your security get up and kick them out or stop them in the first place. The Dodgers were left for dead at the start of the year and have run away with the division since then. They deserve to be able to celebrate!

11. Yanks

I would agree. All though I'm sure they'll give it to the Red Sox manager.

12. Use of Time

Agreed. Although, I am consistently amazed at what Joe Maddon gets out of the guys of the Rays.

13. Yanks

Yup, that organization sure developes some good pitching...

14. Pondwater

Credit to the Sux manager John Farrell, he brought that team out of the Bobby Valentine disaster. However, Manager of the Year should go to either Don Mattingly, the Dodgers came from Worst to First this season or the Skipper of the Bravos Freddie Gonzales, the Braves were plagued with injuries,compensate and stayed in first place all season long. And are the NL East Champs.

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Busch Stadium field is now torn to shreds...right before the Cardinals come home. :wtf: Link

I fail to see the logic of insisting on a football game at a baseball-only park like this when there's a perfectly good football stadium just miles away, but what can you do.

16. Use of Time

Why yes, I am drinking some scotch and celebrating your 2013 NL East champion Atlanta Braves. It feels good.

17. Mr. Laser Beam

^ Like anyone else was going to clinch that division. :lol:

I do feel like celebrating the Mets sweep of the Phillies, though. :beer:

18. Pondwater

:techman: Sure does. It's going to be wild at the Ted tomorrow night.

19. Use of Time

Yes Mam! Cheers!

20. Yanks

I believe there is a MAnager of the Year award in each league.

I actually think they brought Valantine in to accomplish what happened.

They sucked, dumped tons of salary and a punk (Becket) and ended up getting the players they wanted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.