First glimpse of new TARDIS control room!

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Chris3123, Dec 8, 2012.

1. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the only reason it feels "cold" is because the previous one was so overly warm and bright and orange.

Personally I think this new one has a nicely mysterious feel to it. And I like the smooth, featureless floor as well-- it's very 1950s scifi.

2. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Now dat's what I'm talkin bout!

3. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

I like it, I didn't like the old one all that much the console looked like it was made of junk and the color scheme was too red.

4. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I love it. Classic Color Scheme, and Form fit and functional like Classic Who, not, the scattered junk that looks nothing like what it does in the earlier NuWho Series/Seasons.

5. chardman

chardman Vice Admiral In Memoriam

Someone noted that it looked smaller than the other recent sets, but I've heard that while the control room itself is smaller, that the overall TARDIS set is much larger than ever before, with plenty of standing sets of corridors and rooms that we've only rarely seen before, as well as several that we've only heard of, but never actually seen.

6. Mitty

Mitty Vice Admiral Admiral

Awesome. I love you Matt, but in that photo you are in the way.

Only 7 days to go!

7. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And its got railings in the back. So its probably another two-level affair.

8. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

If this is real, then I love it!

9. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

It looks a bit like a tricked-out apartment owned by a Matt Smith lookalike, but I think it's a move in the right direction. I'm interested to see how it'll go with proper lighting and actors doing their thing around the console. Apparently the set allows for a single-camera setup, so we might perhaps get a sweeping shot taking in interior doors etc.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  10. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like it a lot. I'm sure it'll look better when it's properly filmed, I think someone took this with their cell phone. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

11. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For a long time I have wanted a mopre traditional console room, but now I have it I am unsure.

I need to see it properly lit and in action, I think the LED roundels are putting me off it.

12. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

Hmm...no more steampunk..or at least less so...I think I´m gonna miss that. And the set really gives a much colder vibe then before. And what´s he wearing? Is that a one off...or is this going to be his new standard clothing?

Season 7 seems interesting...maybe I should go and start watching it...I was planning to wait for the complete season dvd set instead of buying volume 1.

13. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

It'll always look better on screen I think. I definitely prefer it to the old 11th Doctor conole room, that always felt a little too busy/random for me, and that glass floor...can't be great if you're a woman in a skirt and a health and safety nightmare!

14. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Although the glass floor never bothered Amy, or Rory.

15. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Unless Rory was supposed to be concentrating on the thermo-couplings.

16. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

:)

17. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

OMG!!!!...

This console room remindes me of the Dr Who exhibiition in blackpool way back in the mid 70s.......the consoles round the edge near the wall is something i remember and the only time i have seen it in anything doctor who related, as well as the colour and those walls....although the walls had windows size holes in the with the doctors enemy's ringing the console room........

I am 8 again.......I love it.:techman::drool:

18. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

19. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Honestly that picture makes it look retro in all the wrong ways. It isn't minimal, it is just boring. I seriously hope there is more to it than that shot is giving us.

20. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

I agree that the proportions of the console is the best thing. I like that. I'm not sure about the overall look though. It looks a bit too sparse and cheap, at least in this shot. I'll reserve judgement until seeing it in action though.

Mr Awe