Starship Farragut: The Animated Episodes Questions

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by FalTorPan, Jun 18, 2008.

1. NEO f/x

NEO f/x Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

All,

For those fans, and potential fans, of the Farragut animated episodes we crossed another milestone. I met up with Lou Scheimer today and got his cameo appearance recorded. It won't be much as Lou is 80, but he WILL be making an appearance that is similar to his appearance in TAS.

[​IMG]

In addition, I got to meet up with Sky Conway (producer of OGAM and Roddenberry on Patrol) for dinner and a couple beers (Thanks Sky!).

Finally, Chris Doohan's band was jamming and I caught up with him at the end of his session. We discussed the premiere and what we have planned.

In all, a rather good day! Tomorrow...hopefully meet up with Chase Masterson.

2. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

Very cool! It's nice that Lou and Filmation's other veterans are finally getting some focus, both in recent DVD releases and in Mangels' upcoming book.

3. NEO f/x

While we have been rather quiet on the Farragut animated episodes (They are still in progress and are slated for Q1 of 2009), I put this together.

With me having all of the TAS epiosdes on my hard drive, it was a natural that I would create something like this...

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g90C7qyR1Qk

4. dougkeenan

dougkeenan Commander Red Shirt

That's great! Thanks!

5. Hudson_uk

Hudson_uk Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

6. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

That was absolutely fantastic indeed!

7. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

That was cool. I must say, the grafic artists listed in the credits did a wonderful job. Miles, who is credited for the cover artwork did exceptional work.

8. NEO f/x

Kail technically should have gotten credit for the front cover. He created each and every one of those characters.

9. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

That made me smile and feel a bit better about the new movie. Thanks!

10. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Ditto indeed...this is really good...

Rob

11. AJBryant

AJBryant Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ya know, THAT is a Trek flick I wouldn't worry about going to see. :)

12. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

I created your character too. Very nice article though.

13. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Why would anyone need to feel better about the new movie? Has anyone seen it already? If so, how?

Don't judge a book till you read it people!

"Young minds, fresh ideas. Be tolerant!"

14. miles375

miles375 Cadet Newbie

Firstly I would like to thank Hudson_UK for posting the link on here.

Secondly I would like to apologise for the lack of credit to the proper artist. Yes I created the cover, but Kail did the art work that I used.
    My sincerest apologies to all concerned on that front.

Miles375

15. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

Apology accepted. No hard feelings. :techman:

16. tomjscott

tomjscott Cadet Newbie

I stumbled across this thread while searching the internet for buzz on Animated Farragut. I thought I'd drop in and get the thread going again. It's been a bit longer than expected for these episodes to come out, but I think everyone is going to be very pleased when they do. I recently saw the latest footage for "Power Source" and I believe it is really going to turn out great. If Michael does indeed get this out before Abram's trek, the trek fans are in for a treat real soon. Michael, Kail, and the entire Animated Farragut team is doing an outstanding job on these episodes.

17. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

I think the project is bigger than Michael thought at first. But rest assured we are making progress, and the footage I've seen has been fantatic. To me, it looks exactely like TAS, it's remarkable. I can't wait to get this out so people can see it!

18. NEO f/x

Everyone...here is a progress report...

Kail and Tom are right...this has been a HUGE undertaking, and am impressed more and more with what Filmation did WITHOUT computers!

Anyway, Power Source, Act 1 has been 'locked' from a vocal standpoint and is now being scored and engineered for audio (i.e. sound balancing, sound effects, etc). The animations are still being put in, but at last count I believe I was short only a couple of character heads. Unlike a live production, the sound is separate from the visuals, and I can tweak with the animations until about 1 minute before release.

In anticipation of the release, we have put up a new site at http://farragut-animated.com. I recommend going by and checking it out...There is some interesting information there, and will be the main source for downloads when these episodes are released. We will be updating it constantly with new items, so I also recommend visiting often.

I appreciate everyone's support on this project...and patience...I think everyone will be pleased with the results. Sorry it has taken so long.

19. NEO f/x

Another update:

In anticipation of the animated episodes, we will be posting some 'extra features' every Monday until the episodes are released.

Go to the animated web site at http://www.farragut-animated.com and choose Extras from the menu. There, you will find a sub-menu with Teasers, DVD Extras, and Images. Under Images you will find our first releases...Desktop wallpaper and autograph-worthy images for your use.

I recommend collecting them all! At most drug stores you can print these out in glossy picture format. This will allow you to bring them to conventions to have your favorite Farragut actor sign them. How long before these show up on eBay???

Next week we will have more of these extra items available, so visit the web site often.

Next week will be DVD covers, and then the week after that a possible trailer for Power Source!

20. jaksajak

jaksajak Lieutenant Red Shirt

Very cool site, guys! I've been seeing the progress as you go, and this project keeps looking better and better! I'm also working on a Star Trek animated series (Star Track: The Animated Adventures), and am a huge fan of Filmation. It's great to see you are featuring Trek alumni and also Lou in your projects! Keep up the great work, looking forward to seeing it!