SMALLVILLE Winter Hiatus Thread *Spoilers!*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Dec 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Clark's going to get his eyes burned out by Deesad?

EDIT: No joke, but first time I looked at the tag line I thought it read "Destiny is slow"

[​IMG]

And it sort of looks like Clark is quantum leaping

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

When AY posted a link to that image on the previous page I thought it was stupid and I still do. :lol:

Why is there a poll about weather or not he will wear the \S/uit? Of course he will but it is a matter of how much screen time it will be...I am gonna say 30 seconds. :sigh:

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Have no idea...thought it was weird to have a poll about something that has already been confirmed as far back as comic con. It's not something that worries me, it's more like how long Clark will be in the suit for and established as Superman that does.

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

"Collateral" Official Description

http://www.kryptonsite.com/collateraldescription.htm

Interesting. :)

5. Admiral_Young

Hmm...this furthers my theory that the Chloe shown in "Collateral" might not be the real Chloe, either a dream or a construct. Perhaps this is what was meant by "The Matrix" comment.

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I am hoping this will be a good episode. :sigh:

7. Admiral_Young

Probably won't be. I guess it's going to be glossed over as to what happened to Zatanna and Bart although I guess we can assume they're captured by the VRA and that release spoils what happened to them lol.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Glover was on Medium Tonight.

I crossed my fingers that he wa going to be the devil again (Brimstone? Anyone?) but he was worse. A life coach.

9. Admiral_Young

I vaguely remember Brimstone.

10. Guy Gardener

12 episodes of John Glover talking about souls like he owned them.

Because he did.

11. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hell, I'd take 12 episodes of Glover reading the manual of an enema machine.

12. Admiral_Young

^ I wouldn't.

13. Lt. Trull

Lt. Trull Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mining colony Sol Asteroid belt, Sol System
    there are two way's clark will wear that super suit...

The first is going to be during the final fight with darkside, he'll wear it as a affirmation of his sole clarity of purpose... or....

he'll wear it after the defeat of darkside for that same reason.... he found his soul clarity of purpose...

so NO, I dont see clark wearing that suit any time before or just slightly after the final battle with darkside.

14. Guy Gardener

Not even that.

"But I don't wanna wear it. IT"S TOO BLUE!!"

(it's like when your Grammy knits you a sweater with a giant cat playing with yarn on the front of it.)

He thinks his costume which he made is cool and that his mommy is a fuddy duddy.

His own COOL costume has to be outright destroyed and the choice becomes going into battle naked or suiting up in the ugly circus costume mommy made....

The least impactionous definition of "destroyed" however would be something like that he spilt coffee on his cool suit and it just makes him look like a slob because there's no dry cleaner that he can trust in the world to take care of his personables.

15. Lt. Trull

Lt. Trull Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mining colony Sol Asteroid belt, Sol System
    mommy may have made the costume... but, I'm bettin she didn't create it.... I figure she found that drawing that child made and gave to blur and created a costume from that.

16. Admiral_Young

I believe the options posited by Lt. Thull are pretty near what we'll eventually see. I am thinking that IF Clark fights Darkseid (we're still assuming that he will, sometimes in Smallville that is wrong to do lol) he will do so as Superman having earned the right to wear the costume. Or he will be rewarded the costume after defeating Darkseid by Jor-El which will piss me off. Being Superman isn't a prize. Or he will become Superman after suffering a great loss and finally realizing his purpose and place in the world. Either way all of these options are clear of of the failed execution of the show. Is it a new way of presenting Clark becoming Superman? Sure. Has it been an interesting way? At times. Do I think it a lame way? Hell yes.

17. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I have to go with Jet on this, that's about all I'm expecting to see it as well.

The poster is cool in one way, sorta 'meh' in another. Destiny is indeed slow, on this show.

:lol:

18. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sadly, that's probably how it's happen:

Clark: "Lois, my jacket's ruined and I gave my Neo trenchcoat to the SyFy Channel for 'Hollywood Treasures'. What am I going to do?"

Lois: "Don't be any more of a douche than you already are, Clark. Just put on the frakkin' suit!"

:devil:

Also, I'm thinking the same thing as Admiral Young: What happens to the rest of the Justice League who were at Hawkman's funeral?

:wtf:

19. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Probably took another detour through Offscreensville. :rolleyes:

20. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Black Canary: "Wait a minute. Where's AC, Bart, John Cyborg and the other two babes?"

Clark: "That's why we placed the Winter Hiatus between these two eps, so the audience would forget that they saw them. This is Smallville. We're not supposed to think about things like that."

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.