The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Thank you and yes. I have been customizing for about 30 years now.

CCC.

2. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

So...I have a nail polish called The Black Knight. Absolutely nothing to do with my action figure. :p

[​IMG]

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    So far, Wave 4 of Saga Legends hasn't hit U.S. stores, nor have any U.S.-carded copies of the four figures in that wave even surfaced on eBay or Amazon. Seems as if Canada is the only country in the world that's currently selling the new wave assortment. I have to wonder if this means another international-exclusive wave of figures that American and other collectors will have to pay an online premium or vastly overinflated secondary market prices to get.

Saga Legends Wave 4 is:

Obi-Wan Kenobi (The Clone Wars)
    Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker (Return of the Jedi)
    Darth Maul
    Snowtrooper

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

5. cooleddie74

Collecting site Bantha Skull reveals the case breakdown for Wave 5 of the 6" Black Series figures (Darth Vader, Chewbacca, Jedi Knight Luke, Sandtrooper with black pauldron):

Boba might end up turning into a bit of a common shelfwarmer if these bigger, eight-figure case assortments ship in good numbers, but it'll be worth seeing more Bobas to get enough of the fantasitc new removable-helmet Darth Vader into stores to meet the likely demand for the first 6" Vader.

Also, it's currently not known if this is just a one-off case assortment to accommodate more Bobas and Vaders and the assortments will return to the current four-figure case size with the next wave released.

6. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Damn. :(

Well, here's to more years of Mattel running the license into the ground.

"Mattel has reinvigorated their collector offering with the new 6ꞌꞌ Total Heroes™ line for the gateway collector and the 3¾ꞌꞌ DC Multiverse line of hyper-detailed action figures for the more serious collector"

Don't make me laugh. Reinvigorated their collector offering? Are you serious? You had a much beloved collector line in DC Universe Classics that you mismanaged to the point of destruction, and then replaced it with this massively inferior product.

7. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ They're out of touch with their collector market. The article doesn't mention the movie masters lines, I hope they've not cancelled them.

8. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i picked up three packs of the Simpsons Lego blind bags. i got Bart, Grandpa and....Grandpa. they're pretty neat, but i'm just irritated that out of 16 different characters i got doubles right from the start.

9. cooleddie74

An online reviewer shows how cool the new 6" Black Series Stormtrooper is:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cF82p0i2WM[/yt]

10. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

[​IMG]

Vadar: Yoda lied to you. Size does matter :)

11. OdoWanKenobi

^My, that is an impressively sized Lego figure.

I saw this on another board, and thought it illustrated my point well enough to share:
    [​IMG]

12. cooleddie74

It'd be nice if 6" Black Series figures cost just $15 - $18 each. But with the hefty price Hasbro pays Lucasfilm for the license to manufacture Star Wars product I really don't expect it to be any lower than $19.99. I do wish we'd get a little more plastic in the 6" packages, though, for the prices that Hasbro and the retailers are asking. A few more accessories here and there.

13. OdoWanKenobi

Granted, this picture is a little out of date. The Marvel Legends Infinite series hit at $14.99 at first, but after about a month or so they went up to the $19.99 price point.

14. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

New Black Knight and Captain Britain adventures! (Clint and Tasha needed a break)

I found a little winged horse for Black Knight. It's a little small for him, but he likes it! "I shall call him Mini-Strider!"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The guys look back on some of their old adventures through my new Captain Britain books!

[​IMG]

Finally, they both approve of my current desktop background...

[​IMG]

15. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Big Lots stores here have a generic line of military figures that come out each Xmas. One of the boxes has an articulated 1/18 scale horse. I am just trying to find a good set of wings for it.

CCC.

16. cooleddie74

Looks like the much-rumored "Cantina Showdown" multipack set from the Black Series is going to be nothing more than the 6" Han Solo and Greedo figures repacked in a window box with cardboard furniture and a backdrop to recreate Han's booth in the Cantina. Two 6-inch pegwarmers repacked in a window box and sold with a markup. If the Cantina chairs and table were plastic accessories this might be a great purchase even with repacked figures most of us see all over the place. But nope - common figures in a new box with extra cardboard shaped like a table and seats.

No thanks.

17. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Tonight I stopped at the Super HEB about 20 miles from my house. They had 5 Hyperion and 5 Grim Reaper ( MU / 1/18 scale ).:eek:
    Been looking for these for months with no sightings anywhere.:bolian::techman:

CCC.

18. OdoWanKenobi

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WORamP7xqHg[/yt]

19. cooleddie74

:lol:

How that clip doesn't get a whole lot more mileage on the collecting sites I'll never know.

20. cooleddie74

Just breaking:

According to the collecting site Yodasnews it looks like we'll be getting 6" Black Series versions of C-3PO, Han Solo in Stormtrooper Disguise and Bossk around October. Also, collectors will supposedly be able to order solid cases of not only these three new figures but also Boba Fett and the Stormtrooper!