Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Barry Allen is the Flash, right?

2. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nah, he's some stuffy old professor dude. No idea what he has to do with Marvel's Flash.

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

What? How dare you post here!!!! Either show your credentials in Comics History or get out!!!!!!!!

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

Beaker is just being Beaker. Anyone who has been here awhile should know what to expect from him... ;)

5. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I thought Jay Garrick was the Flash.

6. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

There's been a handful of men in the DCU who've been The Flash.

7. Nerys Myk

Flash is that guy who went to Mongo. Or he might that guy who bullied Peter Parker in High School.

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

If there's any change at all there it's a minor one - every feature of the outfit is identical to Lee's initial drawings except that the shield doesn't look so three-dimensional in this drawing.

It's simply a particular artist's style of portraying the costume.

The red Speedo is no more coming back than is the 1950s version of Batman's costume or the original version of Iron Man's armor. People can tell themselves whatever they want, but that's just the truth.

The appropriate response, of course, is "Who gives a fuck about Barry Allen?"

9. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

I'll stick to straightforward.

Not really. There's nothing wrong with thinking of Wally West when you think of the Flash.

A prude for dismissing him entirely just because he doesn't think of Barry Allen when he thinks of the Flash, and a reactionary for typical reactionary reasons: Disgust with the present.

10. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

He also missed the point of that comment which was to point out that to the people who had gotten into reading comics in the two decades between Crisis on Infinite Earths and Final Crisis Barry Allen is some stranger displacing their Flash.

So instead of restoring status quo they were in fact changing things.

11. Admiral Buzzkill

You know who's costume they actually couldn't successfully change?

Power Girl's.
    :lol:

Exactly. Go ahead, roll Supes back to when he couldn't fly. :rolleyes:

The Speedo is dead history; live with it.

12. Trekker4747

Yep. Superman looks ridiculous in red "underwear" so that goes forever. But I'll be dammed if my hot, blonde, buxom, super heroine isn't going to fly around in a teddy with a big bosom-revealing neck hole!

13. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Did they introduce Powergirl in the nu52? What's her backstory now?

14. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought her new 52 costume is a full body suit which no longer reveals her legs and doesn't have a hole. :confused:

15. Trekker4747

Yes, in "Worlds' Finest" (introudced in the Second Wave.) Her and Huntress are from Earth 2 and got transported to the New 52 Earth during a battle between the E2Supers and (Apokalypse?), where they served as Supergirl and Robin (the daughter of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle.) On N52 Earth they're Huntress and Power Girl but have tried to keep out of the way of their counterparts and others in the super hero community, though they had a recent run-in with Damien Wayne. Huntress has used her knowledge of her "father" in order to get some funds/resources from Bruce Wayne, Power Girl has set her self up as a rich industrialist, funded between Huntress' funds and using her powers to raise funds.

Yes, Power Girl's suit started off as a full body suit but she's going to revert back to the Teddy w/Cape in an upcoming issue.

16. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I see, I hadn't heard it was changing.

17. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Karen Starr was also in the Mister Terrific series that got cancelled I believe as well, she wasn't Power Girl though.

18. Nerys Myk

A teddy? Do teddies come with long sleeves these days? Other than the Boob window, PG's costume wouldn't be out of place on a gymnast.

19. Trekker4747

I dunno, I guess you're right, but I don't know what else to call it to describe how the crotch-area fits.

20. Admiral Buzzkill

Since some fans seem so concerned with Superman's Speedo and Power Girl's old outfit with the boob window is so popular, the artists are going to give Clark a crotch window.