NBA 2012-13 Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by SmoothieX, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

I love how "brave" fans such as yourself come busting into the thread talking shit after your team wins. Reminds me of Celtic fans. :rolleyes:

I don't know what this sentence means.
    From a talent standpoint, no, they're not that much better than the Spurs. Talent-wise, LeBron has no equal in the league. But beyond him the Spurs are the more talented team.

Going into the series Manu and Wade cancelled each other out. Duncan is a better center than Bosh, as I wrote, and Parker is better than any point guard the Heat have. Gary Neal, Kawhi Leonard, and Danny Green trump Battier and Ray Allen. The Spurs are more talented (despite what you've heard on TNT and ESPN), but only to a slight degree.

Playing the, "Heat won because they were more talented" card does a disservice to the team's and coaching staff's effort and hard work. It is a backhanded compliment that as a Lakers fan, I've heard used against my team for many years.

2. Ganja Tea

Ganja Tea Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wasn't going to comment at all until I saw how you were so butt hurt over a Heat repeat. Haters like you are the icing on top of that victory cake. You better get use to that feeling. The Heat are going 3 peat.

3. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Saying a team won because they are more talented is not dismissive of their hard work. For the life of me, I don't understand that line of thinking. It's not an insult to the team. Obviously you work hard to get to the finals, but it is a series and the more talented team, if they work hard, almost always wins.

4. gblews

:lol: You better check your reading comprehension skills, home-slice. I've been predicting, but not rooting for or against, a Heat repeat since the playoffs started. So of all the posts since game 7, mine were the ones that you picked out as hater-aid? Reading comprehension son -- it is your friend.

And unless they actually do 3-peat, I'm sure we won't be seeing your little gloat trolling self in this thread again, right? You sure you aren't a closet Celtics fan? :lol:

5. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Celebratory gunfire!

6. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

It is Miami. :p

7. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

8. Borgminister

The NBA is going BOOM this year, that's for sure. Denver completely ripped apart, Boston rebuilding, Clippers attempting a big move--it will be an interesting off-season, and many more player changes just around the corner, through draft and trades.

I just hope Sacramento can turn things around now that that whole Maloof thing is over with.

Oh and yeah, that the Spurs can reload one more time, and that either Indiana or Chicago will keep Miami from a 3-peat... :p

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The greatest thing Dallas Mavs ever did for the world was prevent the first threepeat by beating LeBron's Heat in 2011. Thank Dirk!:p

10. gblews

If the NBA had allowed the Clips' to acquire both Doc and Garnett, that would have been HUGE. As it stands though, it is still pretty big. This is the first time they have gotten a coach who actually could lead them to the Finals -- IF they re-sign Chris Paul. CP3 is an even better point guard than Rondo. I'm glad Stern interfered with this deal (unlike another I can think of).

Best put your hopes in Chicago or Indy, the Spurs have a history of being a one off Finals participant. However, maybe losing their first Finals will finally motivate them to get back there next season.

11. Ganja Tea

Ganja Tea Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, you and the rest of the world. What a prediction that was Nostradamus. :rolleyes:

I suggest you go back and check the thread. I didn't call anyone out in my original post except Heat haters. You quoted me first home slice which lead me to believe you were Heat hater. If you aren't then why would you take issue with it?

I haven't been around much on the board and rarely do I venture outside of TNZ. I saw this thread by chance when I looking for Formula 1 thread. Sorry if have a life and don't spend every waking hour here on this board arguing basketball with you. Also anything you say should be laughed at considering you had Danny Green being better than Ray Allen because of a seven game sample size. :wtf:

12. Borgminister

Hey I admit it's a long shot, but something about the personality of that team and organization has always appealed to me, and the dynasty is drawing to an inevitable close... :)

Of course Chris Paul is better than Rhondo--he's not menopausal half the time! ;)

13. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Crazy draft. Lots of trades and teams trying to position themselves better for next year.

14. gblews

Actually, my prediction that Miami would win was more of an analysis of the effect of the 2-3-2 Finals format than the results of an analysis of various match-ups, strategies, and the like, because the two teams were evnly matched. But you'd have to go back a few pages in the thread and read CAREFULLY to get that. ;)

BTW, my overall point concerning the 2-3-2 was that the team that starts out with HCA has a much bigger avantage than a team with HCA in the 22111. The Spurs would have won this series if they had started out with HCA because of the 2-3-2 format. But they didn't so Miami is celebrating.

In your second post you wrote:
    This is in response to my response to your first post and reads a lot like you calling me (and me alone) out as a hater.

My first response to your original post wasn't defending myself as a hater. I was calling you out for safely waiting until your team had won before coming into the thread and gloat trolling.

I'm not a Heat hater, though if I was, I wouldn't hesitate to admit it. Right, Celts fans? If I've misunderstood, please explain how.

Dorian, you must have really scared him. :lol:

Like I said, gloat troll. The only way you show up in this thread again next season will be AFTER the Heat 3-peat (if that happens). If they don't win, you'll likely be in TNZ 'having a life'.
    Here is what I wrote:
    "Danny Green, Kawhi Leonard, and Gary Neal trump Battier and Ray Allen". I never wrote that Danny Green alone was better than Ray. My statement was meant to show that beyond LeBron, the Spurs are the more talented team and, they are. Those 3 guys TOGETHER negate Battier/Allen.

There's that little bug-a-boo about reading again. :)

15. gblews

Um, uh, what "dynasty" would that be? :D

16. Borgminister

Ouch!

Hey, what're your odds on those Please Stay Howard billboards working?

17. gblews

I think the odds are 50-50 at best that he signs with the Lakers. The odds would be better were it not for the presence of D'Antoni.

As for the billboards, as a Lakers' fan I am embarrassed. But I do understand that the franchise needs to pull out all stops. To lose Dwight then have him say that the Lakers "really didn't make me feel wanted", would be unacceptable.

18. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Not to pour any salt into the wounded pride of any Celtic fans here, but this really gave me a chuckle:

Attached Files:

19. HaventGotALife

HaventGotALife Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Lakers and Celtics reeling. Good. Let the Kings win a title, or the Warriors. Or Memphis. Some team that hasn't been there before, or hasn't been there in quite some time.

BTW, don't we need an offseason thread now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.