SONS OF ANARCHY tv series disscussions and comments

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by timothy, May 2, 2011.

1. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Eventually, Gemma and Clay are going to have a scene in which they talk out all the crap they have been doing behind each other's back that they know or suspect they are doing. I can't wait to see it.

2. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

The preview for next week shows Gemma saying something like "Clay must have done this", probably to Unser, and she didn't look happy about it. Don't know if it's because Clay did it, or if he did it and didn't tell her. She should know better anyway - their relationship and the relationships with others in the club are generally predicated on lies. I always find that most amusing and equally frustrating about people who are pathological liars. They can say all the lies they want to everyone else and justify why they do it. Lie to them or simply not tell them something...? BOY! You'd have thought you just shot their favorite dog. :lol:

3. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love the fact that there was a human head in the chilli fed to the cops. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I can't wait for the confrontation between jax and clay. when jax finds out that clay put the hit out on tara.

4. Mister Johnson

Mister Johnson Ensign

Who's body was in the truck that was wearing a jacket similar to Piney's? I was confused by that.

5. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Those were the Mayans whose heads were lopped off and one ended up in the chili. Though I thought I saw "Men of Mayhem" on one jacket - is that just some general badass gang slogan that both SAMCRO and Mayans use?

6. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

You did, as well as a "President" patch above the "Men of Mayhem" one. That body belonged to Armando, the President of SAMTAZ, the Tucson chapter of the club.

It's also not a "general badass gang slogan" - it specifically means that the member wearing such a patch has killed for the club. It's a sign of respect and loyalty, which is why Clay gave one to Juice in the previous episode.

7. 137th Gebirg

I believe they're called "The Filthy Few" in some real-life clubs.

8. PsychoPere

After doing some Googling, it looks like you're definitely right. The always-reliable Wiki says that the Hells Angels, for example, use that phrase. Some cursory Googling does only seem to pull up "Men of Mayhem" specifically in reference to Sons of Anarchy, so it looks like that might not be a real-life phrase, just the show's version of "The Filthy Few."

9. Temis the Vorta

So the heads were all SAMTAZ and not Mayans? I can't keep track of the corpses in this show. :rommie:

10. PsychoPere

I'd have to watch the scene again, but Armando was the only non-Mayan that I noticed.

11. timothy

well the body count has definetly gone up and club is split not a good sighn.
    and I am glad juice's suicide attempt failed. I wonder what the fall out is going to be on that.

12. Temis the Vorta

Random thought du jour: what if the writers had made Juice's big secret that he's gay, not that he's half-black?

This would solve the "are you guys BLIND" problem that Juice's skin tone points to him being nonwhite, hello. I can't see Jax and Opie giving a shit about Juice's race (and it's a stretch even for the older generation to think they're racist), but I could see everyone in SAMCRO being at least somewhat homophobic, and I could see some of them being violent homophobes who would threaten Juice's life if they knew the truth. So that would remove the plausibility issue that's been dogging this plotline.

Why wouldn't a closeted gay man decide he'd like to be a member of a motorcycle gang just as much as a straight guy would? He'd just figure he'll put on an act. Forever. Then Potter finds out some details of his past and uses Roosevelt to blackmail the guy. Same basic plot, but less of a stretch for us to believe.

13. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I prefer that over the secret of him being half-black.

14. The Master of Tarquin Hill

The Master of Tarquin Hill Commodore Commodore

If they made it that he was gay instead of black it would be boring because they would automatically kill him. OTOH, the race issue held some possibility because the club may have been willing to change for this member they have known.

If Juice had been straight up with them about the Roosevelt situation there would have been a chance for something interesting to happen to the club.

But, given the current state of progress in our society, a gay man has zero chance in a club like SOA. And therefore, zero chance in this show. There are gradations of tolerance in this American society and blacks are farther along than gays. Simple as that.

15. timothy

well the sheriff got what was coming to him thanks to juice. and after last night's episode I don't think that the son's are raceist at all. look what jax did in that warehouse.

16. 137th Gebirg

Jax is a part of the newer generation that clearly doesn't care about things like that. All that matters to him -- and all that should matter -- is loyalty to the club. The rule forbidding black or part-black membership that's been retconned into the club's charter is likely not going to make much of a difference in the near future, I suspect, because of this situation. The only one remaining of the "Original Nine" that might have an issue with it is Clay and something tells me his opinion won't be worth anything for too much longer.

17. Temis the Vorta

Wow, Clay is now going to destroy his relationship with Gemma. She's going to interpret an attempted hit on Tara in only one way. I know he's doing what he thinks he needs to in order to survive, but you gotta wonder what he's surviving for.

18. timothy

ron may be getting ready to leave the show. espacially after he killed Piney.

19. Temis the Vorta

I can't see this show going a few more seasons (isn't that the plan?) minus Clay. But the master plan may be to fracture the club into warring factions. They've gone too far with this plotline for any kind of graceful resolution.

20. 137th Gebirg

Agreed. The end does seem to be quickly approaching.