Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Lord Lunacy

Lord Lunacy Commander Red Shirt

Well that was a particularly brutal episode. Ah, Sidious putting the smackdown on the upstarts...how fitting. I wonder what he has planned for Maul?

2. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

What a crazy awesome episode. Can I say good fanwank?

Wonder what Maul will be doing? Shall we be saying goodbye to Anakin's apprentice soon?

3. Lord Lunacy

Lord Lunacy Commander Red Shirt

Indeed good fanwank, definitely made the dork in me want more...except for Maul begging, just don't see that happening. Maul always seemed like the kind of psycho who would look death in the eye and laugh in its face, but that is not how they wrote it.

This is pure speculation, and spoilers might be abound for anyone who just wanders in: Sidious sends Maul to slay Ahsoka, and as some have suggested, pushing Anakin closer to the dark side. He already harbors the pain of losing his mother, add losing Ahsoka to the mix and you get the Anakin in ROTS; a man in constant fear of personal loss.

Can't wait to see where this goes.

4. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I had thought Maul might be faking it but we don't see it happen. Personally I think he has fallen out of the Dark side of the force. He is more emotional and cares. Look at how he ran to his brother. I think those years being crazy have changed him more than we expected. His dark powers are closer to Asaji now.

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

What an awesome, brutal, beautiful episode! I was seriously shocked when Maul killed Satine right in front of Obi-Wan's face. What a dark ending to that story! And then to cap it off with Sidious vs the Maul Brothers, gorgeous! And he killed Savage! And took down Maul! That was amazing!

6. Captain Qwert Jr

Captain Qwert Jr Captain Captain

I liked the begging.

Stoicism is not the way of the Dark Side.

7. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Asajj - but her name is probably taken from Asaji.

8. Zardoza

Zardoza Ensign

Way better than the duel between him, Mace Windu Kit Fisto and whatshisface.

9. Set Harth

Two whatsisfaces: Saesee Tiin and Agen "I'm not Eeth" Kolar.

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I don't like the way Maul begged for his life, though. He should have been stronger than that, defiant to the end. But I guess he was regressing to his crazy garbage world time?

11. Zardoza

Zardoza Ensign

I am really mixed on that. At keast it was a suprising twist. I totally expected him to bite the bullet.

12. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Should he, though? Against anyone else, sure. But he was Sidious's apprentice. I'm sure the Sith master-apprentice relationship is traditionally a very abusive one, with the apprentice subjected to a lot of cruelty by the master and brutalized into submission. So Sidious would've been the one person who could break down Maul's defenses and reduce him to that submissive status again.

13. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would love to read novelizations of the Maul/Savage arcs. So much happened in these 66 minutes alone that could be expanded into an amazing story.

I'm hoping this all continues as the last arc of these series, in which Maul kills Ahsoka and Anakin kills Maul.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'd prefer to have Obi-Wan kill Maul (again) myself.

15. Set Harth

Taken Master Kenobi's kill, Jedi Skywalker has.

How embarrassing. How embarrassing.

16. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That would be fitting, though I would love to see Anakin v. Maul, just full out. If what others are suggesting comes true, Anakin avenging Ashoka's murder would be awesome and we could really see a big dark side outburst.

Obi killing Maul just feels too much like him getting revenge.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

But what would make Anakin killing him after he killed Ahsoka different? At this point Maul has taken more from Obi-Wan, so if anyone deserves to get revenge it's him.

18. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I still say that the fact that everyone expects Ahsoka to die is the best reason for the show's creators not to kill her. Why settle for being predictable?

19. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Because then we're left with the crap from the movies which seems which doesn't seem right for CW Anakin. I mean they could kill Obi-Wan instead if they don't want to be predictable but that might rub people the wrong way. :)

EDIT: Sorry about that last line, unnecessarily snippy. I just can't think of anything that would be more reasonable to push Anakin over the edge. He is obviously very protective of his padawan and I can't imagine anything that would be as affecting.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  20. Set Harth

But Anakin isn't required to be pushed over the edge at this point. We already did that in AOTC. We don't need to keep repeating that over and over. His turn in ROTS is motivated by Padme and events that transpire in that film. People seem to want to rewrite what went on in ROTS into a different kind of dark side turn, spread out and born of incremental continually-spaced dark side rage episodes.