Pretty Little Liars.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Guy Gardener, Jun 13, 2012.

?

Thoughts?

1. Brilliant?

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Mild?

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Painful?

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Dangerous?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Pretty Little Liars.

Pretty Little Liars is unfortunately no Gossip Girl, but then again, thank goodness it's also as well no Gossip Girl.

I started watching yesterday, and it's 27 episodes later.

A compelling series long rolling scandalous mystery littered with deserving body count headlining the plot... But individually each episode is entirely beige.

The children dressed like hookers in the limelight keep just making the most invalid stupid life choices digging deeper graves for all their woe and it just started raining.

It's like they want me to reach into the television and slap them.

Slap the little bitches.

(The villain constantly calls them bitches. It's the shows language.)

Slap them, and slap them and slap them...

I'm afraid to go to sleep that I might be menaced by persecuting visions of these wispy trite selfish monsters.

Am I supposed to cheer on that paedophile sleeping with his 16 year old student when any fool can see she needs a safety helmet to leave the house? And even if you can forgive her for being a moron who doesn't know the difference between the Artful Dodger and some guy called Arthur Dodger... SHE'S FOUR FEET TALL!!!!!

If you feel compelled to frakk most 48 inch tall ladies you chance across, then you're either into garden gnomes or children.

Hopefully that subplot will be resolved by the time I hit season 3 tomorrow and he will be in jail married to some guy with a lot of back hair.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  2. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I watch this show, not quite sure why. It is entertaining sometimes, ridiculous all of the time.

I don't think you will like where the pedophile teacher story is going....it is quite bizarre to me that it is treated by the show as if this situation is totally normal and okay, and that the parents shouldn't be so darn worried about it. Reminds me of the way they treat alcohol, with no mention whatsoever of the fact that it is illegal for them to be drinking. Can't they at least insert a character who says "no, I don't drink" instead of us watching groups of teens popping open champagne bottles like they've been doing it all their lives. Since the very first episode I have found the teacher thing to be a very icky relationship and while I understand that this is supposed to be from the teenagers' perspective, where things like sleeping with your decade-older-than-you teacher is somehow attractive, shouldn't the show's writers at least attempt to insert some decency into the story?

Spoilers below for how this story progresses....

I don't remember what happens in what seasons, but at some point Aria's mom sees the teacher talking with Spencer, and believes they are the ones dating, so she gets all angry and yells at the teacher about it....he decides to leave the high school and teaches at the university. A while later, in a fit of what we are supposed to believe is noble bravery, they come clean to the parents about their relationship. Both upset at first, mommy quickly comes around and invites teacher over for dinner. Daddy is disgusted and outraged, and even though I am clearly on his side, we as the audience are supposed to see him as the evil dictator trying to destroy true love. He does manage to get the teacher a "promotion" that will cause him to move across the country, but in another fit of bravery the teacher says no and decides to remain as a pedophile in Rosewood.

More information than anyone here cares to read, I'm sure.

As for the rest of the plot...things do change at the end of season 3. Or so we think. Season 4 just started and sadly it looks like any hopes for an actual progression in the story have been dashed. We were told who A is...only to have a new A, or possibly the same A, reappear conveniently as the new season begins.

Why am I still watching this?

3. Guy Gardener

Season 3 just started.

It only seems like four years.

One of the characters in (the sitcom) happy endings admitted that he loved Party of Five, only to feel that his friends respected him less so he tries to rectify being smaller in their eyes by saying "C'Mon! Who doesn't like sexy alcoholic orphans!?"

A new A?

that's horrible name for villain.

Though i did like the note...

"A is for Allison, not Amateur."

I'm approaching the half way mark in seaosn 2.

4. Guy Gardener

Season 3 just started.

I know who A is, okay, i know who A Mark One... A's within A's within A's.

So the paedophile teacher.

Wow.

Love is important?

If you love someone hard enough then it's not rape.

Even statutorially.

Grown women do not wear blue nail polish.

(Lucy was 21 in seaon 1, and condorantly 23 in season 3 that started one week ago, so maybe it's understandable that he might think that a 21 year old actress can play a 16 year old pretending to be 26 with some conviction? )

I looked it up.

the age of sexual consent in Pennsylvania is 16, but there are competing "challenging a minor" laws that stop someone over 18 from having sex with someone under 18, which means that frakk should be in jail.

Okay here's what I would have done.

Holly, "Elle" ... Hannah's mum should have slept with Ezra, the paedophile, so that, under threat of jail, it's not that difficult for her to rape him, (it worked for jenna the blind girl with her stepbrother.) and Holly's character probably smells like her TV daughter since they probably use the same shower gel/foam soap and shampoo... but after that...

Imagine trying to be romantic with your mothers slops even if they're not your father?

Paedophile exit stage left.

Social services needs to lock these parents up.

They're awful.

5. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Why do you watch this, Guy? You a bit kinky? Like pain? Save yourself.

I saw a picture of the girls, thought them pretty, tuned in, five minutes later gone for good.

6. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Guy, have you seen the latest episode? Aria's mom can now add test answer fabrication to her list of stupid behavior regarding her daughter and her friends.

I love it. I'm starting to think the message of the show is that deep down everyone is evil and a liar, and you should never trust anyone with anything.

Very uplifting show.

7. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I love this show.

8. Guy Gardener

There's nothing I watch accidentally, because I've been viewing Tv exclusively through bitorrent for half the last decade. When I saw the pilot as it came out, I rejected the bastard out right. Too meangirls. However, 2 years and change later, I had to assume that since it was given a 3rd season it might have just had a bad pilot?

Oh I'm up to date.

I glazed over now and then during my marathon, but the entire catalogue is filed away in my brain somewhere... What Ella did was awful! but with House finally gone from the airways, some one has to constantly remind the American public that "Everyone lies."

But why the frak did she tell Ezra? That's madness! Ella was part of the mechanism that got him fired, and if he choses at some point to destroy her if their alliance some how withers... Now, he has the ammunition to do it.

Although, I doubt the writers considered it, but if Ella grades on a curve, and an A student gets an F, that could ultimately affect her year end bonus or even her Job security.