final episode...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by secretreeve, Apr 4, 2013.

1. secretreeve

secretreeve Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

...WTF!

I just finished watching all 4 seasons and i loved it all except for the last episode, that wasn't ENT it was a TNG episode for lord sakes!

although i will admit, I did kind of like the small tribute to the star ships at the end which was nice, but my god RIKER AND DIANA?!

My mum went to school with troy, she was known as the local bike! for those over seas, she was easy, a bit slutty, slept around...you get the point. I met her once and nearly slapped her too.

Riker is an over bearing self centered tholian sea slug who shouldn't be allowed near a camera.

TRYING to watch TNG but every time he is on screen his legs are so far apart you could park a pickup between them, and there ain't anything particularly special between em either!

overall I'm really rather hacked off at that last episode.

rant/vent over.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

You know threads on this topic are like catnip to me but calling Marina Sirtis slutty makes me want to airlock you. Don't do that.

Besides all the reasons it's a very shitty thing to say which I won't go into in this post it has NOTHING to do with TATV.

3. NCC-1701-B

NCC-1701-B Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah that last episode annoyed me too. It seemed to devalue the entire ENT series into a holonovel or something.

But there's no need for the personal insults about Marina Sirtis or Frakes.

4. secretreeve

secretreeve Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

its hardly an insult when its well known local knowledge, and there was no personal insult against riker, if anything i simply called him average with an annoying posture.

P.S go to folkestone in england, most middle aged locals will know all about her.

5. teacake

You wrote it as an insult so don't claim it wasn't. Or did you write it as some fanboy crushing.. NOT.

6. NCC-1701-B

NCC-1701-B Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Calling someone "the local bike" is never anything other than an insult. Unless they're actually a bicycle.

7. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The only complaint I can really level against Frakes and Sirtis in this episode is... well the years haven't been kind to them and it's hard for them to sell themselves as season 7 Troi and Riker ten years after the fact, especially Riker. That's not their fault at all, people get older after all.

Attacking them personally as if this train wreck of an episode is their fault is petty at best. Poor form there. If you want to assign blame, assign it to the ones who thought it would be a great idea to end Enterprise on a TNG crossover... Rick Berman and Brannon Braga.

The best thing I can say about TATV... is it was nice to see Troi and Riker, even if it was a reminder that the glory days of Trek were gone and will never be again. This might have made an interesting episode mid season in some fashion maybe.... but to make it the finale? The finale should've been a celebration of Enterprise's four years... not having a couple TNG guest stars steal the show, quite literally.

8. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Reread that sentence in the first post, it could be referring to someone else.

9. teacake

Because it is misspelled? I don't think so.

10. Melakon

I don't either, but it was worth a shot.

11. teacake

[​IMG]

MELAKON!

I SHALL STAB AT THEE WITH MY STABBITY STABBER !

12. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

What, you mean it's not spelt Troy? I've had it wrong all these years? LOL; next you'll be telling me it's not RIKER AND DIANA.

13. Melakon

*Gasps* *Chokes* *Bleeds*

14. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Isn't it Rickeer an Diana? :p
    Apparently the whole Enterprise serie was a holodeck fantasy :p

15. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No, no, you see -- Picard, who never really left the Nexus, is the camera POV in this episode. He imagined Riker and Troi as they observe the Enterprise crew. He was slightly off about how they looked since he's been in the Nexus for so long. Oh, and Picard killed of Trip in his mind because he didn't like his accent. :p So none of the final episode really happened. :techman:

16. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Ungrateful fans :rolleyes:

Berman and Braga pushed Manny Coto out of the way, on the Finale so, they could "give the fans a Valentine", and this is the thanks they get?

;)

*Apparently their definition of "Valentine" differs from mine and is much closer to my definition of "Screwed over"

17. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

I don't think anyone bought that the whole episode was supposed to have taken place during "The Pegasus"; the episode could have easily taken place on the Titan - make it Galaxy-class if you want to - and say Riker was having trouble adjusting to command after 15 + years as a first officer.

18. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If someone gave me a crap filled chocolate for Valentines Day, I wouldn't be thankful. :p

19. Melakon

If it had been a Valentine to the fans, the story would have been about the actual crew instead of holograms of them where the only "real" people were Riker and Troi. It was a self-glorifying Valentine to the Berman years. Sort of like getting a "love letter" from Blue Velvet's Frank Booth.

20. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

You might want to sit your mum down and quietly tell her that Deanna Troi is what is known as a "fictional character" and that she didn't actual go to school with her.

:)