An idea that came to me last night.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Outpost68, May 18, 2011.

1. Outpost68

Outpost68 Ensign Red Shirt

Thirty years after the Federation thought they had been defeated forever, the Borg returned stronger than ever and ravaged the Milky Way galaxy. Faced with such overwhelming force, the great empires of the Alpha Quadrant fell. Only a few million people remain free of the Collective, spirited away through an unstable wormhole that deposited them within a small satellite galaxy orbiting our own. But their one-way passage took them through time as well as space, leaving this last remaining vestige of humanity a century into the future in a completely unknown region of the universe with no way back, and a mysterious signal being transmitted from somewhere in the assimilated Milky Way.

2. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

It's your wife on subspace line two - 'Resistance is futile. I will add your economical distinctiveness to my own.'

3. Outpost68

"Do you want to save money on intergalactic phonecalls..." :)

4. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

"Please hold. All of our Borg are busy right now..."

5. Otherworld

Otherworld Ensign

Interesting concept. I could see that. Sisko interferes with the vessel while the escape ships are in the wormhole. He can see the likeliest outcomes of the flotilla of survivors' journey. Watching over them in the Prophets' realm from the Celestial Temple while the ship and crews of the "Exodus" are in the wormhole. Realizing that, unless he intercedes...the millions left will be easily found, overtaken and assimilated. He begs the Prophets to give them a chance to survive.

6. Outpost68

Thirty years after the Federation thought they had been defeated forever, the Borg returned stronger than ever and ravaged the Milky Way galaxy. Faced with such overwhelming force, the great empires of the Alpha Quadrant fell. Only a few million people remain free of the Collective, spirited away through an unstable wormhole that deposited them within a small satellite galaxy orbiting our own. But their one-way passage took them through time as well as space, leaving this last remaining vestige of humanity a century into the future in a completely unknown region of the universe with no way back, and a mysterious signal being transmitted from somewhere in the assimilated Milky Way.

The USS Euryalus is a small argo-class science vessel. It and a dozen other Starfleet and civillian ships are all that remains of the Federation, and have gathered at a point in space where a wormhole to the Sagittarius Dwarf Elliptical Galaxy, a small satellite galaxy 10,000 light-years from the Milky Way and the only possible refuge from the unstoppable Borg invasion. But the wormhole linking the two galaxies is ancient and unstable, and no probe sent from the Starfleet ships has transmitted data back from the other side. With time running out, the Euryalus is selected to venture through the wormhole. After a rough passage, the small vessel emerges into a completely unknown part of the universe, into a galaxy only a tenth the size of the one they come from. The wormhole however was even more unstable than they first thought, burrowing erratically through time as well as space.

The Euryalus may have been the first ship to enter the wormhole, but it is one of the last to have emerged in the Sagittarius Dwarf. They discover that they have been brought over a century into the future, and that most of the surviving Starfleet ships have already been in this place for nearly a decade.

7. Cakemixo

Cakemixo Lieutenant Red Shirt

The concept looks interesting. Is this like what the ElAurians did- scatter, run, and survive truly in the unknown, or is this the last stand for these ships to take on the borg?

8. Sandoval

Sandoval Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

(I know, it's an old thread blah blah blah but I've been having a peruse through the old pages so there you go, save the whining)

Dunno if you're still around Outpost68 but I think this is a fantastic little concept of the ship being first through to emerge ten years after everyone else, presumably where the survivors have created some sort of society and rendered that ship completely out of time and struggling to catch up.

Pity you've never done anything more with it.