Immersed in DS9

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Edinburgh, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Edinburgh

Edinburgh Lieutenant Red Shirt

If you immerse yourself in DS9, surly you would feel hatred toward the Dominion. Hatred breeds revenge .

We are not talking about one ship destroyed here. We are talking about 100s . Now the Federation might keeps the peace but can you see the Romulans or even the Klingons letting things go.

Death to the founders......... I think. :rolleyes:

Any thoughts. :shifty:

Anyone know how many killed in the Dominion war.

2. Eddie Roth

Eddie Roth Commodore Commodore

Sorry... what??

3. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

This again!!!!!!!!!! :klingon::klingon::klingon:

The Alpha Quadrant started the war. The Dominion was merely defending ourselves from AQ interlopers. Who gave you people the right to go tromping around in our territory. We blew up your frakkin colony and spaceship but still you didn't get the clue. And somehow this is all our fault? Incredible!

But what do you expect from
    A race of warmongers descended from genocidal Cylons.

4. Edinburgh

Sorry. Not the best post ive ever made. :(

Do you think the peace would hold considering what the founders did?

5. Marie1

Marie1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't hate the Dominion... we rock!! Our uniforms are better, our ships are better, and we're more orderly- despite being run by a puddle!!

6. Edinburgh

Your lot would have to be the first to go. :techman:

7. Navaros

Navaros Commodore Commodore

I don't agree that one has to hate the Dominion to be immersed in DS9. I get immersed most in DS9 when the Dominion is on-screen, because they are by far the most awesome single aspect of any Trek series or movie and I lovveeeeeee them. It's a shame they didn't get way more screen-time, with the Feds' screen-time minimized as secondary characters instead. The Dominion also should have won the War.

8. Marie1

Marie1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

K, bring it. Let's see what you've got.
    But this time, leave Red Squad home... that attempt was just embarrassing.

9. StarryEyed

StarryEyed Commodore Commodore

The peace would hold because do you really want to go through another war like that?

10. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We don't know how many were killed in the Dominion War. I can only recall three figures given in the show.

*800+ million Cardassians on Cardassia Prime killed by the Dom at the end of the war.
    *1,600-odd Starfleet casualties in a casualty report at the end of Siege of AR-558.
    *7 million Cardassian military casualties from the start of the war to when Damar rebels.

I doubt anyone will take the war into the Gamma Quadrant after the Dominion. They have no support on the other side and they know very little about the size of the Dominion or the location of the Founder's homeworld. The wormhole is unreliable since it can be closed on the whim of the Prophets. The Klingons got battered badly at the end and I think Sloan said it would take them over ten years to get back up to full strength. The Romulans joined 6 months into the war but in the two battles we seen them in they suffer heavily and we know that holding Chin'toka cost them heavily in early season 7. I doubt either of them could hope to conduct a serious war with the Dominion on their home turf.

As for Dominion attacks they seem to honour treaties pretty well, so in the short term I think they won't attack. In the long term it would take a serious change of mindset where the Dominion no longer believes that they need to exert their will over all solids to be safe.

Given how the war ended I doubt many people would be willing to join up with the Dominion like Cardassia did and given the proven unreliability of the wormhole launching an invasion is very risky if not impossible. The way around that would be to develop drive tech like slipstream, transwarp or coaxial so that the 10,000s of light years between the Dominion's heartland and the Federation can be easily and quickly traversed. The Dominion is running out of time since in 200 years the Federation will be making use of time travel as a standard instrument, once someone conquers time travel technology attacking them in a conventional sense is a very, very risky prospect.

11. Edinburgh

Great post. :techman:

Thank you.

12. jamestyler

jamestyler Commodore Commodore

I can't imagine a second outing with the Dominion. The Romulans like to keep to themselves and were looking towards peace after Nemesis, the Klingons had re-found their peace with the Federation and were led by Martok who had a great respect for his allies.

Plus after Odo poured his hippy juice into the Founders they're likely to calm down and make changes themselves.

The AQ was left torn and damaged, but overall looking towards an era of peace. The only ones I'd worry about would be the Breen, but thats down to lack of intel/knowledge.