SMALLVILLE

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jun 14, 2011.

?

Favorite Season Of SMALLVILLE?

Poll closed Jun 13, 2012.
  1. SEASON 1 (Pilot, X-Ray, Nicodemus)

20.6%
  2. SEASON 2 (Ryan, Rosetta, Calling)

14.7%
  3. SEASON 3 (Perry, Hereafter, Memoria)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. SEASON 4 (Crusade, Run, Onyx)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. SEASON 5 (Aqua, Lexmas, Reckoning)

17.6%
  6. SEASON 6 (Arrow, Justice, Phantom)

11.8%
  7. SEASON 7 (Kara, Decent, Arctic)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. SEASON 8 (Legion, Requiem, Hex)

11.8%
  9. SEASON 9 (Metallo, Absolute Justice, Salvation)

11.8%
  10. SEASON 10 (Homecoming, Icarus, Booster)

11.8%
  1. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

S2, all the way. While I like parts of 3, the fact that Lana killed a guy and it was never discussed or even mentioned made it a different show, a show without consequences (and thus far less humanity and heart, no longer the Rockwellian vision it started out as), and that's how it stayed 'til the disastrous end.

So it's between 1 and 2, and 2 had better eps, fewer FOTWs, and Reeve.

Case closed.

2. highlander

highlander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was waffling between 5 and 6. So I picked 6, mostly because of the Justice League and I really kinda liked Bizzaro. Though 5 is a really close second.

3. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

I was stuck between seasons four and five, four had some of my favorites like Sacred and IMO the best finale. But season five has Reckoning and Lexmas among others so it got my vote.

4. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I've said multiple times that I was there since the beginning of the show in the WB.

By the end I grew tired of being jerked around

"OH! Clark's going to fly...oh dammit"

"Oh the Fortress! We're just one step closer to Superman!"

:rolleyes:

I don't think i've ever seen another series that teased so much.

Seriously the people that have been around since the beginning deserve a cake or T-shirt!

And then when the Series finale rolls around we get an hour of wedding crap and 9 minutes of CGI superman.

Sure some people might say "You had your expectations too high" but when the show reaches it's 10th year you sort of expect some grand send off.

5. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

This is Smallville where even our humblest expectations are dashed! Why should our grandest ones be any different? ;)

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

@Samurai8472

I was content with what we got...I do think the first hour of the "Finale" was wasted...but after the past 3 seasons...I had given up on hoping for anything better.

I am happy with the show as a whole. :bolian:

7. Samurai8472

See? they lowered your expectations by giving us seasons where the show just slept walked/auto piloted to the end.

Why even bother trying to make a grand finale when the excitement/anticipation isn't there?

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    But I ain't really mad though about my expectations being lowered...it started with S4...Kal El can fly but Clark Kent is still Earth bound or some shit like that and then the horrible Lana witch stuff. I am content with the how things ended..it could have been better and wasn't...life goes on...I really enjoyed the series even some of S8, S9 & S10...I can feel good about it.

9. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Just finished my Smallville watch from episode 1 to the finale in several months and wow that was a really good finale + the final few minutes were just pre geek-gasams :lol:

10. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

My rankings

Season 5- Lex finally starting to really come about and start to assert himself.

Season 6- Lex finally getting to Clark and REALLY making life hell for him. Add in the Lex and Lana relationship and it could easily be nnumber one and on other days might be.

Season 4- "I am the villian of the story" - My second favorite episode behind Lexmas.

After those three it's a toss up and could go many different ways.

11. Samurai8472

Season 4- The worst season in it's 10 year run. Lana and Witches with the whole tattoo arc ruined it

Season 5- What season 4? By the second/third episode almost all of last seasons troubles are forgotten. It was a recurring thing in Smallville.

Season 6- I just remember Zod/Lex VS Clark

Season 7- Bizarro and the Veritas arc that went around in circles.

Season 8- No Lex. The introduction of Tess.

12. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

13. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=10127

Al Gough Says "Smallville" Finale "Was Confusing"

Interesting...I am sure Al & Miles would have done things alot differently than Brian & Kelly the last 3 seasons.

14. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

No doubt, but the really interesting question is when they would have preferred to end the show. It seems pretty clear that they left because they felt they'd run out of ideas, no?

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Admiral Young knows more about what Al & Miles had planned...but I want to say S5...but S7 would have been a nice place to end it if it wasn't for the writers strike.

16. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

They proposed their arc for season 8 and was given a rousing "no" from either WB or DC (or both). After that, they decided to take their ball and go.

17. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Good news for those wanting to see Smallville reruns on TV. TNT is adding Smallville to their weekday lineup beginning October 3. It will air at noon EST, right after Supernatural.

Kryptonsite

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

19. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think. I just blew a gasket.

20. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

So she's playing a beard?