Dr. Strange-- discussion, casting, rumors ect;

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Avalon

Avalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I still like Oded Fehr for the part (I know, I know, I sound like an old broken record :D ). But how about...

Ed Quinn (Nathan Stark, Eureka)

Cliff Simon (Ba'al, Stargate SG-1)

2. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I'm not especially familiar with Doctor Strange, but, judging by looks of the Comic Character they'd look the part excellently and they both can mysterious.

Daniel Dae Kim or Oded Fehr in anything is always a plus

3. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

God, please no.

4. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Daniel Dae Kim as Wong, maybe?

5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

As Strange.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wong, the butler, is bald.

Vin Diesel is bald.

Although Vin has the chest to play Rintrah who was Strange's apprentice for a while... And a Minotaur.

Beth Riesgraf already played Clea, the platinum blonde wife/assistance/apprentice, niece of the dread Dormammu and once ruler of the Dark Dimension, on an episode of leverage.

You cannot underestimate previous experience in these situations.

7. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

What is Peter Hooten doing these days?

8. Guy Gardener

He took a Huuuuuuuuge break, but House of Blood recently and he is listed as being the lead in something on a shoe string budget called Souleater airing next year.

So... Given how these things work, maybe Pete could play the Ancient One? Unless Stan Lee wants the part?

Oh! Frakk me!

I'd forgotten one of my favourite Stuntcastings in the 90s Guardians of the Galaxy: Stephen "The Ancient One" Strange.

9. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

That's a really good idea.

10. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, when I rewatch Eureka, I'm gonna be totally wondering why he never dons the cape anymore, now.

11. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I must admit, although I love GOT and I like Gillen in most shows I've seen him in, I don't really care for his performance as Littlefinger. I was thinking more of his performances in The Wire or Love/Hate, though as you say, Lord Baelish has the Steven Strange moustache look.

12. Savage Dragon

I'm not sure he'd be right for the part but I always thought Michael Riley from the Canadian show "Being Erica" bore a strong resemblance to Dr. Strange.

[​IMG]

13. Avalon

Avalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ooohh. I do love Michael Riley...

14. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lots of excellent suggestions for the mature Dr. Strange. Most of these guys have the comic book look.

It does seem practically inevitable they'll go for an origin story, so they'll need someone younger than the mature Strange. And sorry, I think handling the rather trite reluctant hero story is going to call for a higher level of acting skill than an established hero.

And I still think Strange is not intrinsically white. White guy gets oriental powers was done by The Shadow. They tried to dust off the narrow-mindedness in that movie, but it is going to be a problem.

15. Guy Gardener

Strange's origin is about a crippled Surgeon. So you're talking about 30, maybe 35 for Strange to become the greatest most famous surgeon in the universe before his accident.

have they made the story yet where the Ancient One drove Strange's car off the road?

(It's only a matter of time.)

The rewrite on Dr Doom at the moment (since last week.) is that the monks on the mountain who trained/built Dooms first Armour, were actually the Council of Cross-Time Doctor Dooms. I mention this because there was a what if (Comics about mirror universes where everything is "slightly" different.) in the 80s that said that these Monks and the Ancient One lived on the same mountain and that with just a little bad weather that Stephen could have wound up with the Monks and Victor could have found himself at the feet of the Ancient One.

When "schools" are that close, they usually "share" social events like sock hops and ski trips... Although every day on that mountain was a ski trip... But can you imagine Doom and Strange dancing cheek to cheek while DJ Mordo is playing his Sinatra collection?

16. Savage Dragon

Only from the mind of Guy. :lol:

17. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

18. Guy Gardener

They "want him" but after Looper they can't afford him, unless this movie is going to be a lot more expensive than I imagined.

Sorry, but when you say Marvel Movie I still imagine "Direct to Video" bullshit like Generation X.

Strange has anew girlfriend/Apprentice in the comics, which ties Strange into the X-Franchise. It could just be fantastic story telling, but it could also be, however so unlikely, Marvel positioning the movie rights to intrude the Doctor Strange with the current X-Men movies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

When I was younger, the cloven hooves used to be a problem, but after dating for some years as an adult, I got used to it.

19. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

I have that comic somewhere. Not sure where it came from because I probably only bought a dozen comics or so in my life, but it is sitting in a box with a bunch of other comics from the 80s and 90s that somehow ended up in my possession growing up. Wasn't that great as I recall.

20. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral